Domain Mapping Plugin Multisite Domain Addon – Error

Hi. I just installed Domain Mapping and I am stuck. I already had multisite installed, created a secondary site on it and have been trying to map the domain to the site. I created an addon domain and pointed it to the root. I set the CNAME record to the IP address and set the A name to the primary URL (levsites.com). At this point, I’m spinning in circles and completely lost because when I try to map the domain in Domain Mapping, I get “Domain is unavailable to access” error.

Main site is levsites.com

Addon site is chapmansauto.net

Thanks for your help

• Luís
    • Support

Hi David ,

Hope you're doing well today!

If you already added the domain as an "Addon Domain" in cPanel and point it to the root folder of your Multisite install (where the wp-config.php is located), you don't need the CNAME or the A Record to map the domain to your subsite.

That "Domain is unavailable to access" error could be related to the propagation or sometimes the host can return the verification as false when it's actually positive.

Can you please try set the options "Check domain propagation before mapping" and "Verify domain's DNS settings" to "No" and try re-map the domain again in your subsite (subsite admin panel -> Tools -> Domain Mapping)?

I hope this information has been helpful. If I can help you in this or other questions, please let me know!

Cheers, Luís

• David
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Thanks, Luis. I tried doing that. I was able to map it but the health status is invalid. I ended up requesting hands on help using the WPMUDEV support from my dashboard. Waiting to hear back on my request.

I appreciate your help. Thanks again.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.