Domain Mapping Plugin not setting domain after hosting move

We are using domain mapping plugin version 4.2.0.6 on WP install 4.1...We have updated the network as well...this is a multisite. We recently moved the this site from one host to another, we updated the IP used within the Domain Mapping plugin to correspond to the new host, as well. When submitting the url within the plugin to set up domain mapping, it just puts up the wheel to think, then it stops and nothing changes. All of the old domains that were previous mapped still work...we're just having this issue on the new one that we are creating. Thanks in advance!

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Arrangingpixels,

Hope you're doing well today!

Can you deactivate and delete domain mapping then re-install it through the WPMU DEV Dashboard? I'm wondering if maybe during the move something happened. This will ensure you have a fresh install.

All your domains will be saved in the database so you don't need to worry about losing them when you delete domain mapping. They'll still be there when you re-install it.

If the issue is still happening do you mind granting support access so we can see the issue first hand? If you can give us a domain to test that would be awesome :slight_smile:

Look forward to hearing back!

All the best,
    Tyler

• BrandCo
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hey Tyler,

Thanks for reaching out!

1. We will go ahead reinstall the plugin today. Of course, we will run a file and db backup before hand.

2. We currently don't have WPMU DEV Dashboard on the site, do we need to have that on there before reinstalling the plugin? I'm actually not sure what the advantage to having this plugin on the site is if you could explain that to me?

3. We also have "New Blog Templates" installed on the site, which is on version 1.6.2 and can be updated to 2.7.2, would you advise updating this?

• Ivan
    • HummingBird

Hey BrandCo,

Hope you are having great weekend so far!

2. We currently don't have WPMU DEV Dashboard on the site, do we need to have that on there before reinstalling the plugin? I'm actually not sure what the advantage to having this plugin on the site is if you could explain that to me?

- It is not necessary to have it, but it is far more easy to manage, install and update plugins. You don't need to visit the plugin page every time, download the new version and then upload it - I can update old plugins and install new with just a click in the WPMU DEV Dashboard. Also you can start new questions directly from there and use it to allow support access if necessary.

3. We also have "New Blog Templates" installed on the site, which is on version 1.6.2 and can be updated to 2.7.2, would you advise updating this?

It is always good to have your plugins up to date, but make sure you have backup first - just in case something goes wrong.

Thanks,
    Ivan

• BrandCo

Thanks for your reply Ivan!

We have gone ahead and updated all the plugins and have reinstalled the domain mapping plugin and we still seem to be having issues.

Do you have any suggestions on what we should look into next?

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey BrandCo,

Hope you're doing well today and thanks for getting back to us!

Would you be able to provide us a domain that we can test your mapping with? One that is already pointed to your IP and ready to go :slight_smile:

Then grant support access again so we can try it out.

If you don't want to post the domain publicly then no problem, you can send it privately through our contact form: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Send in:

Subject: "Attn: Tyler Postle"
    -Domain for mapping
    -Links back to this post for reference
    -any other relevant urls

Select "I have a different question" for your topic - this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me :slight_smile:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Look forward to hearing back!

All the best,
    Tyler

• BrandCo

Hey Tyler,

We just sent the form submission, we just wanted to run a quick test for you before sending you everything. You can see the details of that in the message we sent over.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks again for all your help!

• Ivan
    • HummingBird

Hey there BrandCo,

Sorry for the huge delay.

It seems too much time passed and the support access is expired - can you please enable it again if you still having problems?

Meanwhile if you comfortable, you can enable WP_DEBUG just to see if there is some errors.
    To do this, you will need to open the file wp-config.php located in the directory where WordPress is installed and then locate the line with the code
    define('WP_DEBUG', false);
    and change it to

define('WP_DEBUG', true);
    define('WP_DEBUG_LOG', true);
    define('WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false);

That will save the log in a file called debug.log and located in your
    wp-content directory. Also it will not trow errors on the site pages, as this might be bad option if you have visitors on this site.
    The you can upload the debug.log file on http://pastebin.com or some other file-sharing service.

Thanks,
    Ivan

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.