Domain Mapping plugin update breaks site with "redirected you too many times." error

Hi Guys,

Recently updated from 4.4.2.1 to 4.4.2.2. Soon as I updated it broke the site which of course was fine till then. To fix this I renamed the folder of the plugin (added .bak to the end of the folder name). Could someone investigate this please. I have turned Support feature ON. Please let me know when you are working on it as its possible re-activation or re-install with latest version may break it. Thanks.

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Jamie,

Sorry to hear latest update is causing you such issues.

I was unable to replicate this issue after the update so can you tell me if the too many redirects issue happens on your network and main site or just on the mapped subsite?
    Since I don't know that I didn't want to activate DM to check it out.

Also, could you try installing previous version via FTP so we can be sure that's version related?
    If it works after downgrading can you try performing the update again so we check if there was perhaps a glitch while performing the update?

You can download previous version by clicking on Changelog link on plugin page:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/domain-mapping/

Looking forward to your response.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Jamie
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

I still have domain mapping disabled on my network so my sites that have custom domains are currently not available.

The error occurs on both the main site and sub sites. I disabled the plugin by renaming the folder. I will attempt to roll back to the previous version.

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Jamie,

Unfortunately I was still unable to replicate this on my installation, could you send me your FTP or cPanel login details so I can get plugin developer to check why this is happening on your installation?

You can send us your details using our contact form https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/ and the template below:

IMPORTANT: Make sure you select "I have a different question" for your topic so it doesn't go back to forums - this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me.

Subject: "Attn: Predrag Dubajic"
    - WordPress admin username
    - WordPress admin password
    - Login url
    - FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    - cPanel credentials (host/username/password)
    - Link back to this thread for reference
    - Any other relevant urls

Tom, can you open a new thread for your case so we can investigate it separately or keep an eye here until we get some info from the developer.

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.