Domain Mapping plugin/database died upon deleting existing mapping

While I was removing some existing mapped domains from my primary site, I encountered a MySQL/PHP error.

Now everytime I go to a wp-admin page I get the following error jibberish displayed:

31:\"http://domain.com/\";s:4:\"hash\";s:19:\"cfc8632bb7dec17f8a70d453b36bd030\";s:7:\"user_id\";i:1;s:6:\"action\";s:5:\"login\";}}' WHEREuser_id= 1 ANDmeta_key = 'cross_domain' made by require('E:\inetpub\vs239227\wp-admin\plugins.php'), require_once('E:\inetpub\vs239227\wp-admin\admin-header.php'), do_action('admin_head'), call_user_func_array, domain_map->build_cookie, update_user_meta, update_metadata
WordPress database error MySQL server has gone away for query SELECT user_id, meta_key, meta_value FROM wp_usermeta WHERE user_id IN (1) made by require('E:\inetpub\vs239227\wp-admin\plugins.php'), require_once('E:\inetpub\vs239227\wp-admin\admin-header.php'), get_user_option, get_userdata, get_user_by, WP_User->init, WP_User->for_blog, WP_User->_init_caps, get_user_meta, get_metadata, update_meta_cache
WordPress database error MySQL server has gone away for query SELECT meta_value FROM wp_sitemeta WHERE meta_key = 'dismissed_update_core' AND site_id = 1 made by require('E:\inetpub\vs239227\wp-admin\plugins.php'), require_once('E:\inetpub\vs239227\wp-admin\admin-header.php'), do_action('in_admin_header'), call_user_func_array, wp_admin_bar_render, do_action_ref_array, call_user_func_array, wp_admin_bar_updates_menu, wp_get_update_data, get_core_updates, get_site_option
WordPress database error MySQL server has gone away for query SELECT meta_value FROM wp_sitemeta WHERE meta_key = 'dismissed_update_core' AND site_id = 1 made by require('E:\inetpub\vs239227\wp-admin\plugins.php'), require_once('E:\inetpub\vs239227\wp-admin\admin-header.php'), do_action('network_admin_notices'), call_user_func_array, update_nag, get_preferred_from_update_core, get_core_updates, get_site_option
WordPress database error MySQL server has gone away for query SELECT meta_value FROM wp_sitemeta WHERE meta_key = 'wpmu_upgrade_site' AND site_id = 1 made by require('E:\inetpub\vs239227\wp-admin\plugins.php'), require_once('E:\inetpub\vs239227\wp-admin\admin-header.php'), do_action('network_admin_notices'), call_user_func_array, site_admin_notice, get_site_option
WordPress database error MySQL server has gone away for query SELECT meta_value FROM wp_sitemeta WHERE meta_key = 'wdp_un_dismissed_upgrade' AND site_id = 1 made by require('E:\inetpub\vs239227\wp-admin\plugins.php'), require_once('E:\inetpub\vs239227\wp-admin\admin-header.php'), do_action('all_admin_notices'), call_user_func_array, WPMUDEV_Notifications_Output->upgrade_notice_output, get_site_option
WordPress database error MySQL server has gone away for query SELECT meta_value FROM wp_sitemeta WHERE meta_key = 'wdp_un_delay' AND site_id = 1 made by require('E:\inetpub\vs239227\wp-admin\plugins.php'), require_once('E:\inetpub\vs239227\wp-admin\admin-header.php'), do_action('all_admin_notices'), call_user_func_array, WPMUDEV_Notifications_Output->admin_notice_output, get_site_option
WordPress database error MySQL server has gone away for query SELECT meta_value FROM wp_sitemeta WHERE meta_key = 'wdp_un_delay' AND site_id = 1 made by require('E:\inetpub\vs239227\wp-admin\plugins.php'), require_once('E:\inetpub\vs239227\wp-admin\admin-header.php'), do_action('all_admin_notices'), call_user_func_array, WPMUDEV_Notifications_Output->admin_notice_output, update_site_option, get_site_option
WordPress database error MySQL server has gone away for query SELECT meta_value FROM wp_sitemeta WHERE meta_key = 'wdp_un_delay' AND site_id = 1 made by require('E:\inetpub\vs239227\wp-admin\plugins.php'), require_once('E:\inetpub\vs239227\wp-admin\admin-header.php'), do_action('all_admin_notices'), call_user_func_array, WPMUDEV_Notifications_Output->admin_notice_output, update_site_option, add_site_option, get_site_option
WordPress database error MySQL server has gone away for query INSERT INTO wp_sitemeta (site_id,meta_key,meta_value) VALUES (1,'wdp_un_delay','1363848704') made by require('E:\inetpub\vs239227\wp-admin\plugins.php'), require_once('E:\inetpub\vs239227\wp-admin\admin-header.php'), do_action('all_admin_notices'), call_use id=

Looking at the source code of the "Installed Plugins" page, all the code above is loading within the #screen-options-wrap anchor tag.

When I disable/delete the plugin the errors go away, but return as soon as the plugin is reenabled/reinstalled.
Is there a way of removing any applicable references/entries by the domain mapping plugin so I can start fresh?

FYI, I'm running latest Multi Domain plugin, WP 3.5.1, IIS6, MySQL 5.1, PHP 5.3.2

• PC

Hiya,

Greetings and thanks for posting on the forums.

So, you are using Domain Mapping plugin and Multi domain plugins both right ?

When I disable/delete the plugin the errors go away, but return as soon as the plugin is reenabled/reinstalled.

Are you referring to the Domain Mapping plugin or The multi domain plugin ?

Also, can you please check by disabling all other plugins apart from the Domain mapping plugin and see if you still see the same errors ?

Please advise.

Cheers, PC

• KJA

@Pranaya Chaudhary

Yes I was referring to diabling/deleting the Domain Mapping plugin. and I am running both Multi Domain and Domain Mapping plugins.

Disabling all other plugins did not solve the errors, only when the domain mapping plugin is disabled.

I had about 10 mappings on the primary site and was deleting them one by one. When I got half way through, it appears something has gone wrong in the deletion/sql query process and now everything is messed up.

The site still works, the errors are only showing in the admin.

• KJA

@Pranaya Chaudhary

An update for you, I managed to get the errors to disappear...

In the wp_usermeta table, the meta_key value cross_domain contained several hundred (possibly near a thousand!) domain mapping entries including some that had been previously deleted.

I took a gamble and deleted the entire cross_domain entry and it appears to have fixed the problemattic code errors in the admin. Upon reapplying Domain Mapping settings the cross_domain meta_key has been recreated/reset in the database.

I'm marking this as resolved, but the plugin developer my wish to investigate as to why so many entries may have been entered into the cross_domain meta_key either through general use or when deleting existing domain mappings.

Kent

• PC

Hello Kent,

Greetings and thanks for posting back and marking this as resolved. I am sending a few points your way to share the solution.

I'm marking this as resolved, but the plugin developer my wish to investigate as to why so many entries may have been entered into the cross_domain meta_key either through general use or when deleting existing domain mappings.

Indeed, I have marked this to the attention of our lead developer Barry (Who is not well at the moment) and he would make his way here as soon as he is back on the forums.

Thanks a lot for being a great WPMU DEV member and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Cheers, PC

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.