Domain mapping preventing logout

I submitted a question previously and am not getting a response. Could someone take a look? We're trying to roll out an enterprise service and none of our users can log out.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/cant-logout-of-subdomain-site-dashboard#post-752673

• Patrick

Hi there @Leslie

I hope you're having a great day!

I just tested on my own install and the following configuration works for me. Please reproduce these settings on your install:

Set both Administration mapping and Login mapping to domain entered by the user

Set Cross-domain autologin to No

That configuration enables me to be logged-into a mapped site as one user, and logged-into the main site as a different user, in the same browser, so it should work for your setup.

Please do let us know if this helps, and don't hesitate to post again if you need to.

• Leslie

On the other hand, part of the reason we had the original domain required for login and admin was for mapped domains. If cname.ucsc.edu can login with that mapped domain, they get a SSL error. We can't get a cert for every single cname and we're prohibited from getting a ucsc site-wide cert. We do have a common cert for subdomain.sites.ucsc.edu. When we set it to require the original domain, no SSL error. So even this solution probably won't work for us.

• Leslie

On login, it creates two sets of cookies. The top level and the subdomain. On logout, the subdomain cookies are being cleared but the top level domain
    cookie is not being cleared.

so, login to taft.sites.ucsc.edu, the cookies created are for taft.sites.ucsc.edu and sites.ucsc.edu

When logout, the taft.sites.ucsc.edu cookie is cleared but the sites.ucsc.edu cookie is not.

If all cookies are not cleared - users are still logged in.

The alternate configuration you recommend doesn't work for our implementation. We see other people battling this issue with domain mapping plugin and I imagine this would improve your plugin if you were to clear both sets of cookies. We're a bit stuck right now so could you let me know if you think this can be incorporated.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.