Domain Mapping & Pro Sites - Registering domain name through eNom

Hello,

I am wondering what the process is when a user registers a domain name through the Domain Mapping eNom API and they purchase through the Pro Sites PayPal payment gateway?

I see that when you click BUY, it directs to my company's PayPal where the user can then make the purchase.

What are the actions that take place after the user has successfully paid?

Do they return back to their Pro Site?

Do they get directed to eNom to fill out the registrant details?

Since the money is now in MY PayPal account, do I have to pay and register the domain with eNom?

Ideally we would like the user's information to be entered as the Domain Registrant.

Any direction here would be much appreciated!

Thanks a bunch!

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello @webdevcanada

I hope you are well today and thanks for asking the question.

Yes, it does go back to Pro Site once paid.

For the other questions, I am not quite sure, so let me tag one of our experienced colleague @Patrick so that he can answer you.

Cheers
    Ash

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Hey @webdevcanada, thanks for your patience here! :slight_smile:

To quote one of our developers, Aaron:

Everything happens internally via the API. They search for a domain, pay for it via CC (credit card) in an AJAX popup (you need an SSL certificate), and that's all they have to do. The API takes care of the rest, including DNS setup.

Domains are owned by the user, in their own eNom sub-account of yours, so you get the defined commission you want for the purchase.

Hope that helps!

Regards,
    Michael

• Bloggista
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hi,

I have the same question - and I think the following question is still not answered (when using PayPal as payment gateway for domains purchase on eNom):

Since the money is now in MY PayPal account, do I have to pay and register the domain with eNom?

I believe using the eNom CC services is what Aaron meant, and this is understood.

What about PayPal?

Thanks in advance.

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hey there.

Thanks for posting in this thread, however it might be best if you open your own, even if the issues seem closely related. That way it will remain independent of this one and ensure it doesn't confuse issues here if this thread needs reopening again by the author.

It also means the member who started this thread or anyone following it isn't inundated with post notifications each time we respond to each other. A lengthy thread could annoy the original poster.

This also allows us to better track and answer your questions to ensure we don't miss any for you.

You can start a new thread here:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/#question

Thanks
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.