Domain Mapping Problem - all sites require revalidation?

I am having problems with domain mapping.
1. All of my mapped domains now have Need revalidation in health status? What is causing this?
2. This is still an issue. During the process of domain mapping - what should a visitor see? Right now, rather than site not found it is taking visitors to the registration sign-up page!! I've brought this up before. The sign-up page should not be the viewed page at all. Please explain what SHOULD be visible during the time when the A record has been changed but the site has not successfully connected using the domain maped plugin?

• Tyler Postle

Hey antkat,

Hope you're doing well today and thanks for your question!

1. All of my mapped domains now have Need revalidation in health status? What is causing this?

Is this after updating the plugin or just randomly they need revalidation again? Either way it shouldn't be happening but I just want to know what steps you took before it happened so I can try to reproduce the issue and further investigate it :slight_smile:

Please explain what SHOULD be visible during the time when the A record has been changed but the site has not successfully connected using the domain maped plugin?

Seeing the sign up page is normal if the domain hasn't been mapped yet. This is because your dedicated IP, if put into the address bar, will lead you to the sign up page too - so, since your domain isn't mapped yet but IS pointed to your dedicated IP it will land on the same page your dedicated does.

Hopefully that makes sense! Let me know if you have any further questions on that and I look forward to hearing back on what happened before your domains needed revalidations.

Talk to you soon!

All the best,
    Tyler

• antKat

Hi Tyler,
    The revalidation problem arose after a plugin update, however, I saw that another update was available which corrected the problem.

In regards to the sign-up page. If I enter the dedicated IP address into browser, it directs to my main site homepage not the website signup-up page for the subdomain!! Although the subdomain "owners" would not be happy to have their visitors visit our main site - it would still be preferable than the sign-up for a blog page - which we do not provide for visitors signing up for subsites of our subdomain sites. Since the IP takes to homepage why our our mapped sites going to signup page?

• Tyler Postle

Hey antKat,

Hope you're doing well today! Thanks for getting back to me.

Glad the update resolved the validation issue :slight_smile:

As for the unmapped domain going to the sign up, that's odd - in my experience it usually goes to the same place the dedicated IP is pointed. You may want to ask your web host on this one as they have settings on the server side for IP's that will likely affect this. They will have more experience setting them up as well :slight_smile:

Let us know if you have any further questions on this antKat. Hope you're having a great weekend!

Cheers,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.