Domain Mapping problems with lost password?

Hi There,

if a client of my network lost her password and wants to get a new one everything runs well until the point where the customer needs to click on the link within the email to refresh the password.

If they click on the link you get to the same wp-login.php?action=lostpassword page with the notice

This key seems to be wrong

Could that be a problem of the domain mapping plugin as it all works well if you do it from the main site (and domain).

Thanks for your support,
Tee

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey there.

Which version of domain mapping are you using?

If it's the one released earlier then you also need to update sunrise.php file.

So does it also work from other sub sites which are not mapped?

Your domain name settings are to use the mapped domain for admin right?

Could you show me a screenshot of your settings so I can replicate the setup and test.

Take care.

• Tee
    • The Crimson Coder

Hi Timothy,

Which version of domain mapping are you using?

Just updated to 3.1.1 including manually updated sunrise.php - no change

So does it also work from other sub sites which are not mapped?

No, unfortunately not. It works only from the main domain. That means that it is not an issue of domain mapping, right? By chance, any idea what could cause the problem?

Pls see screen shot for settings. What settings would you recommend? I have problems getting any facebook plugin to work on domain mapped sub sites.

Thanks,
    TF

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey again.

Sorry for the delay here.

I was just testing with a duplicate set up and everything works for me. Request lost password on mapped domain, get email click on link and reset it.

I wonder if something in the theme or a plugin is somehow clashing. Unfortunately you'd need to test by disabling all other plugins and using the default theme.

Take care.

• Tom Eagles
    • Syntax Hero

Hiya, just going through some of the older threads here.

As it's been a little while since we last heard from you I thought I'd check in to see how you're going?

If you're still looking for some further assistance with this thread then please feel free to reopen the thread or of course for any new and related issues you are most welcome to open a new thread.

Cheers!
    Tom

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.