domain mapping – purchase domain (eNom) – is there any nameserver setting in the API call?

Dear Experts

How are you today?

I tried to purchase a domain through "Domain Mapping – purchase domain (eNom) with eNom payment gateway. Reading the manual on eNom telling that nameserver defaults have to be set in the eNom account settings. I followed this and purchased a domain, but the default nameserver details have not been taken over. It seems to me a Bug on their side. I have also raised a ticket with eNom for this issue.

Reference Number

160123-000154

Customer Manuel Fernandez via CSS Web 01/23/2016 05:35 PM

Dear eNom

I have set the Default nameserver Settings according to the Manual (Task 3—Choose universal Settings) and entered ns.hostpoint.ch and ns2.hostpoint.ch as Default Name Servers.

Then I have purchased a Domain (testimpulsing.ch) through API (with a 3rd Party tool, WordPress Domain Mapping App with eNom Reseller Settings) and I see that the Domain has been purchased. Unfortunately the nameservers were not set. This indicates, that Default Settings are not applied as I understand they should.

I have now manually corrected the Name Server Settings for this Domain, but I would like to avoid that this has to be done for each Domain in future I am selling through eNom.

Would it be possible for you to check why the Standard Settings have not been applied? Maybe I am doing somethign wrong?

Please be informed that my Default Setting has been set BEFORE i have purchased the Domain, I did well read this note in your Manual and followed this instruction.

Kindly requesting your assistance.

Kind Regards,

Manuel Fernandez

In addition, the domainpurchase had problems. First purchase (unsing eNom and eNom payment gateway) caused this error after I have filled in the form with credit card details etc. : "Operation timed out after 5000 milliseconds with 0 bytes received"

when I retried the error message changed to "Domain name not available" and checking my eNom account sowed that the domain is there, indicating that the purchase it self seems to had happen but any problems on the checkout page.

For beeing on the safe side regarding the ticket I have raised with eNom, I would like to ask you if the API command does not override the this setting somehow. Does anybody knows really what exactly the Domain Mapping API call is in case a domain is purchased?

This is also in reference to my other ticket (https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/domain-mapping-reseller-enom-payment-works-but-no-domain-purchased#post-1019876) where annother issue with Domain Mapping purchase domain eNom is open from me where eNom asks what was the API call.

If anybody knows how to "log" the API calls itself I would be very happy. If this is not designed by the tool, maybe anyone who has good technical knowledge could give me a tip if I have to hardcode paste one or two lines next to the point where the API call will be executed from the plugin to bring it dumping the record to a DB table or a text file or something like that.

I do not want to post an extra job for this issue, but I would be willing to pay for this help as the domain mapping plugin seems to be a hard nut (for me) and I really would appreciate help with all my little issues with this plugin. So if anybody would be able to help me I would reward the support. I cannot spend hundered of dollars for this if it's only one line of code) but I would really reward for any help on that. Pleeeeeasy help!!!

OK, let me summarize:

– does anybody (really) know if the API call overrides some eNom default settings with nameserver configurations or if this bug is 100% on enom side?

– does anybody know to help me with my general domain mapping issues? (I am willing to pay for the support!)

– does anybody know how to log the API calls in genereal?

Kind Regards,

Manuel

Please find 2 screenshots,

– first error on domain purchse telling timeout, unfortunately I did not take screenshot on the original form but in backend I could see the same log entry as well, screenshot shows from the log in backend

– second error on domain purchase that domain is not available (but it has been added in eNom to my account). and

• Luís
    • Support

Hi @manuel,

I hope had been good today!

Regarding to the defaults nameserver, seems to something related to the eNom account and would like to see the their reply to ticket you created.

Regarding to the checkout issues, just to make sure, did the steps referred in the plugin:

You use eNom credit card processing service. Pay attention that this service is available only to resellers who have entered into a credit card processing agreement with eNom. Additionally you must configure SSL support on your server to enable these payments.

Cheers, Luís

• Manuel
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hi Luis

– Yes, SSL is configured (without the page doesn’t load).

– Credit Card is activated with eNom. I am not 100% sure if they maybe require annother second activation, but I had to provide my Credit Card incl. copy of Passport when register with them as a reseller account and pay a registration fee to them. With this I can pay with my CreditCard and load my eNom account.

I assume it is this, right? Or do you know (or have expirience) if they require something else, additional?

Kind Regards,

Manuel

• Manuel
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hi Luis

How’s your day?

I got answer from eNom, they need the complete API call in order to say something to this issue. Do you know where I could get this API call? Any Log?

Kind Regards,

Manuel

Response Adam Y. via Email 01/24/2016 11:07 AM

Hello,

If an improper flag is sent during a purchase command, or if DNS servers are supplied, the defaults will not apply.

As you are utilizing a third party plugin, it is mostly the API call was malformed or the software otherwise improperly passed the API call.

To effectively troubleshoot the matter we’ll need to see both the full API call (without password) and the full API response.

If you cannot provide this, please contact the software vendor for clarification on the expected behavior of their software.

Kind regards,

Adam Y.

Technical Support

• Luís
    • Support

Hi @manuel,

I hope had been good today!

In the Domain Mapping -> Reseller Options, “Select reseller API requests log level” you checked “All requests”?

If yes, all API requests are saved in the Reseller API log tab.

I tried to access to your admin panel, but I was unable, could you please revoke and after regrant the support staff access again?

Cheers, Luís

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.