Domain Mapping Reseller eNom - payment works but no domain purchased

Dear Experts

How are you? I hope all fine!

I faced to a Problem. My Multisite with Domain Mapping is configured for eNom Domain purchasing. eNom account is registered and should be active there. When I try to purchase a Domain, everything seems to work incl. payment, but at the end no Domain is purchased.

Settings:
Domain Mapping with Reseller eNom. Payment Gateway use ProSite. In ProSite is PayPal configured. The Payment seems not to be the Problem, it worked, but no Domain has been purchased.

Please let me give further details, maybe this is important: I had a very similar Problem before with ProSite caused by main site Domain Change. After correcting IPN on PayPal Level, the issue with payment in ProSite was fixed. Unfortunately I cannot apply the same fix in Domain mappinapi.g, PayPal is already configured with the right IPN, assuming the Problem must be somewhere else (but maybe it is somehow Related to this, or maybe not). In Addition I have recieved an E-Mail from no-reply@isapi.net telling that the Domain that i wanted to purchase was not able to extend (but it was a new test purchase, new Domain, nothing that was existing before, so it doesn't make sense to me).

Would it be possible for you to provide assistance?

Support Access is granted and in case you wish further Details I could provide whatever is required.

I wish you a great day! Kind Regards,
Manuel

• Rupok

Hi Manuel

I hope you had a wonderful day.

Well, from the content inside your attached PDF, I don't think it's an issue from our end. I'm not confirming this, but chances are high. Because, in that PDF, I found this line:

The authorization code of your domain is: 1.6HodVbKr4cmAUU

As an authorization code is generated, then the domain must not be available. Either the domain has been purchased this time, or someone else purchased it before. Only they can confirm it.

Then I went to who.is for checking whois information of shop-impulsing.ch here:
    https://who.is/whois/https://shop-impulsing.ch
    And found that this domain is taken. So in both the case, it seems the domain was purchased.

I have received an E-Mail from no-reply@isapi.net telling that the Domain that i wanted to purchase was not able to extend
    Can you please ask them why they are showing you a renewal notice when you are trying to purchase a new domain? Moreover, if the purchase is not successful, then why it's showing "taken" on whois.com?

# Main site Domain Change
    I don't think main site domain change is the reason for this. You already said it, if it was the reason, the payment wouldn't go fine. As the payment went fine, I don't think there is any issue caused by this.

Finally, can you try purchasing another domain in the same process? This time, before making the purchase, search in GoDaddy.com or Name.com and make sure the domain you are going to purchase is available and has never been purchased before.

Let us know the result. I'm looking forward to find the reason and solve this as soon as possible.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Manuel

Hi Rupok

Yes, I think as well that the Problem must be outside of the Wordpress or Plugin.

When I opened this ticket, it was already my second try. First I wanted to purchase webimpulsing.ch (without the "-" between the two words), it let me go through the Process untill PayPal payment, then aborted and the Domain was reserved after. very strange. then my second try was shop-impulsing.ch.

I will try again with a third try:
    - first check on go Daddy for test-impulsing.ch, result: available (see screenshot 001)
    - 5 minutes later i check again on Daddy for test-impulsing.ch, result still available
    - registering new site in WP Installation through teh ProSites Process (new user: test4, E-Mail: test4@bestcase.ch) (see screenshot 002)
    - registering new site: testsite4 (see screenshot 003)
    - I have to activate the site first by clicking the link in the E-Mail. (see screenshot 004)
    - got confirmation that site has been activated (see screenshot 005)
    - clicking the link to the site, ProSites pay-to-blog forces to pay first (see screenshot 006)
    - clicking "back" and then Login, Login with the new created user test4, bit it doesn't work the PW is wrong (see screenshot 007) resetting the PW (see screenshot 008 and 009 and 010)
    - Login again (see screenshot 011 and 012)
    - Now it ask me to pay. I have to cklick the red box and then select PayPal (see screenshot 012)
    - Login to PayPal using customer account (cant pay myself, fortunately I have good relation to customer and got his CC Information and approval to use it for testing. Of Course I will give back the Money later... :slight_smile: (see screenshot 013) skipped screenshots, the payment worked...
    - payment confirmation, account seems to be activated, clicking on the link to Access my new generated site (see screenshot 014)
    - error, no Access to the main site, fortunately it offers the link to the right site, clicking on dashboard (see screenshot 015)
    - click on Tools -> Domain mapping -> choose purchase Domain -> enter the Domain test-impulsing.ch and check availability (see screenshot 016)
    - Domain is available -> click PayPal purchase (through ProSite PayPal Gateway) (see screenshot 017)
    - pay with PayPal (see screenshot 018)
    - got receipt from PayPal, Money is paid! (see screenshot 019)
    - return to Domain mapping plugin, but no Domain is mapped. huh? (see screenshot 020)
    - ok -> lets check again under go Daddy, it Displays that the Domain is free. (see screenshot 021)
    - one or two minutes later i get E-Mail that the Domain is expired (huh?) (see screenshot 022)
    - ok -> lets check again under go Daddy, it Displays that the Domain is already used. (see screenshot 023)

Kind Regards,
    Manuel

• Rupok

Hi Manuel

I hope you had a wonderful day.

Thanks for providing very detailed explanation. After analyzing the whole process you followed, I still don't think our plugins have anything to do with it.

Have you contacted with the domain authority as I suggested you before? "Can you please ask them why they are showing you a renewal notice when you are trying to purchase a new domain? Moreover, if the purchase is not successful, then why it's showing "taken" on whois.com?"

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Manuel

Well I'm more or less fine. Today I have Meeting with the Client and I have to explain that it is not yot working as it should, unfortunately this brings me in a bad Position.

I just opened a ticket with eNom for this issue now.

I hope I will get Support from eNom. At the Moment it will not be possible to do business as long as it is not working to purchase Domains (as it should). I hope it will be an easy solution, maybe I was just doing something wrong?

I will let you know as soon as I hear from eNom.

Kind Regards,
    Manuel

===
    Ticket eNom:
    ---
    Dear eNom Support

I encountered an issue trying to Register a Domain through API. I'm using wordpress MultiSite incl. a plugin called Domain Mapping that offers to map domain names to my wordpress Installation and it offers the possibility to sell Domain names through eNom Service. I'm registered with enom and the plugin is configured, but it's not working. I tried 3 times:

First try:
    Register Domain webimpulsing.ch - everything seems to work, i search for Domain Name, it is displayed as available, i continue and but cancel to pay in the Domain Name in the plugin (payment Gateway uses ProSite PayPal payment Gateway). Canceled and tried again, searching for the Domain Name shows that the Domain Name now is not available.

Second try
    Register Domain shop-impulsing.ch - everything seems to work, i search for Domain Name, it is displayed as available, i continue and pay in the Domain Name in the plugin (payment Gateway uses ProSite PayPal payment Gateway), the payment worked, but the Domain Name is not registered. Searching again for the Domain Name Shows that the Domain Name now is not available.

Third Try:
    Doe to better logging what I'm doing, I take a screenshot of every step (please see attachment). Register Domain test-impulsing.ch - everything seems to work, i search for Domain Name, it is displayed as available, i continue and pay in the Domain Name in the plugin (payment Gateway uses ProSite PayPal payment Gateway), the payment worked, but the Domain Name is not registered. Searching again for the Domain Name Shows that the Domain Name still available.

I have opened a ticket with the developers of the plugin at wpmudev.com and they advised me to open a ticket with eNom, they explained to me that this is not caused from inside their plugin.

Ticket at wpmudev.com (don't know if it is possible to see without being a member of wpmudev, but I will paste the link due to "good ticket reporting". https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/domain-mapping-reseller-enom-payment-works-but-no-domain-purchased?replies=5#post-1019117
    In case you do not have Access, please find enclosed PDF with copy of the wpmudev ticket.

Would it be possible for you to assist me with this issue? Do you see anything on your side?

Kind Regards,
    Manuel Fernandez
    ---
    Your Ticket has been Submitted
    The reference number for your ticket is #160122-000073
    You will receive a response from our Support Center staff as quickly as possible. We have Agents available to assist you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
    REMEMBER: To ADD INFORMATION to this ticket, or to review previous issues, you can do so by returning to the Support Center and clicking on the “My Tickets” tab above.

• Manuel

got answer from eNom, they told me they do not Support 3rd Party apps (which i fully understand, makes sense to me) and I should check for API log.

I checked the logs:
    - First few Trials, error IP not allowed. This issue is already solved and the IP has been whitelistened already, please ignore those few first entries in the log.

- Then I see a few log entries, error tells something with timeout and log is empty. I do not understand why. Is this Problem Related to the plugin, or to the webserver of my Hosting Provider or was that maybe some Problem with eNom Servers?

- Then the last entry Shows a Problem with the Balance. I asked eNom how to handle that, I assumed they will Charge it to my credit Card when a Domain will be purchased, but seems as I was wrong. I asked to how to manage that, hopeing I do not have to "refill" and "manage" my account Balance there manually.

I am very happy, that I got Support from you expert guys (wpmudev) and as well I am very happy for the quick Response from eNom.

I will let you know if I get answer how it would be best to manage (or if possible to config) my account Balance on eNom side.

Kind Regards,
    Manuel

• Manuel

got answer from eNom Support. They told me:
    ----
    Hello,

I do not see a purchase command in these logs. If you are trying to purchase a domain I should see a purchase command. If would be most helpful if you can provide just the command and output I have provided an example below.

Command:

https://resellertest.enom.com/interface.asp?command=Purchase&uid=resellid&pw=resellpw&sld=resellerdocs2&tld=net&RegistrantOrganizationName=Reseller%20Documents%20Inc.&RegistrantFirstName=john&RegistrantLastName=doe&RegistrantAddress1=111%20Main%20St.&RegistrantCity=Hometown&RegistrantStateProvince=WA&RegistrantStateProvinceChoice=S&RegistrantPostalCode=98003&RegistrantCountry=United+States&RegistrantEmailAddress=john%2Edoe%40resellerdocs%2Ecom&RegistrantPhone=%2B1.5555555555&RegistrantFax=%2B1.5555555556&ResponseType=XML

Output:

<interface-response>
    <OrderID>157781021</OrderID>
    <TotalCharged>8.95</TotalCharged>
    <RegistrantPartyID>{1C3E82CA-FE3F-E011-B28A-005056BC7747}</RegistrantPartyID>
    <RRPCode>200</RRPCode>
    <RRPText>Command completed successfully - 157781021</RRPText>
    <Command>PURCHASE</Command>
    <Language>eng</Language>
    <ErrCount>0</ErrCount>
    <ResponseCount>0</ResponseCount>
    <MinPeriod>1</MinPeriod>
    <MaxPeriod>10</MaxPeriod>
    <Server>SJL21WRESELLT01</Server>
    <Site>eNom</Site>
    <IsLockable>True</IsLockable>
    <IsRealTimeTLD>True</IsRealTimeTLD>
    <TimeDifference>+08.00</TimeDifference>
    <ExecTime>4.907</ExecTime>
    <Done>true</Done>
    <RequestDateTime>12/9/2011 3:58:42 AM</RequestDateTime>
    <debug></debug>
    </interface-response>

Regards,

James S.
    ----

Any idea how I could provide them what they Need?
    In Addition I have tried to Change the payment Gateway in order to try out if this helps somehow. Unfortunately I recieve time out after filling in the eNom credit Card billing form twice and on the third try the Domain Name changed to inavailable. (no closing or retrying from the beginning, simply 3x pressing the purchase Domain button at the bottom of the page).

(see screenshot).

• Manuel

In the meantime I have opened annother ticket with eNom to ask if the "blocked" Domains where the purchase Process did not work can be unblocked.

===

Customer By CSS Web (Manuel Fernandez) (01/23/2016 12:52 PM), Question Reference # 160123-000123
    ===
    Referring to ticket with Ref No.: 160122-000073 there are a few Domains that are locked.

I would like to ask, if you can help me with "blocked" Domains for those where the API purchase did not work through Domain mapping pluggin in wordpress.
    These Domains are now not available but also not registered (no WHOIS). It seems to me as These Domains are locked in the Process.

List of Domains:
    [link removed], 23.01.2016, authcode=EEhIB06tR#QtT76y
    webimpulsing.ch, 21.01.2016, authcode=D0ZheGAqi00hZsH~
    shop-impulsing.ch, 21.01.2016, authcode=1.6HodVbKr4cmAUU
    test-impulsing.ch, 21.01.2016, authcode=t8Jfi5@RqhrxdQ8S
    haareschneiden-meier.ch, 22.01.2016, authcode=9#iBnBhTsWvUGALm

I recieved for those Domains e-mails from [link removed], telling:
    ===
    Dear registrant,
    The domain judithfernandez.ch was up for renewal. But there was
    no renewal request received from your domain provider.
    YOU CAN IGNORE THIS EMAIL IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO KEEP YOUR DOMAIN.
    If you want to renew the domain please contact your domain provider immediately.
    The authorization code of your domain is: XYZ
    If no action is taken the domain name will be deleted.
    ===
    PDF with original e-mails is attached.

Do you know how Long those Domain names will stay blocked? Can they be released?

Kind Regards,
    Manuel Fernandez

===

If anyone has an idea how to proved the API Code that eNom Support requests in order to help me with the not working API, I would appreciate your help. (regarding my last post for the other eNom ticket)

• Manuel

I did some further try and bought "Points" to my eNom account. I learn that independant from the purchase in my Wordpress Backup on the "Purchase" Process, I Need to have Points on my eNom account Balance. Okay.

I have added Points, now I have Money on the eNom account and tried one more to purchase a Domain. Partial succuess!!!!!

- The Domain Name seems to be purchased and in my eNom account the Domain is there. But on my WP Backend, the purchase Process Ends up still with the same error: Operation timed out after 5000 milliseconds with 0 bytes received

Any Idea how this error happens?

Kind Regards,
    Manuel

• Manuel

For testing purpose I have switched to "test environment" in the domain mapping plugin reseller options eNom. On eNom side I have activated test account and loaded 5000$ test-money on the test account and whitelisted my ip. so the test account should be working. my site has SSL activated (free SSL).

Unfortunately the purchase with domain mapping - eNom purchase - eNom payment gateway brings annother error:

SSL read: error:00000000:lib(0):func(0):reason(0), errno 54

so it doesn't work on test environment as well.

• Manuel

I got answer from eNom to my question for the blocked domains after the purchase process did not work well. unfortunately they are telling that it has nothing to do with them. If they are right, this would indicate that the domain mapping plugin does something wrong.

Question Reference # 160123-000123

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Technical Support. I'll be happy to answer your questions.

No request to register these domains was ever received by our API system so no attempt was made by eNom to register the domain names. We have no affiliation with no-reply@ispapi.net.

I hope this has provided answers to your satisfaction. If you have any additional questions about this matter, please feel free to update this ticket.

We appreciate the opportunity to assist you.

Best Regards,
    Jeff M.
    Technical Support
    My Support Hours: 10:30pm - 7:00am Tuesday through Saturday (Pacific Time)
    Out of the office Sunday and Monday

If you need assistance outside of my posted hours, please call our 24 hour support line listed on our site and reference this ticket number. By doing so, any Agent can take over the issue and will be happy to continue working with you.

if I will not be able to fix those errors I will need to mark the domain mapping plugin as not working and leave the domain selling business.

Let me summarize where I have problems with the dumain purchase process in the domain mapping plugin:
    - domain mapping - reseller option eNom with productive environment and ProSite PayPal payment gateway configured
    -----> domain purchase seems to work for the customer
    -----> no domain will be purchased from eNom.
    -----> an e-mail from ispapi tells that the domain was not renewed.
    -----> domain becomes inavailable (this is ugly!) if you try to buy a domain it will not be available after buying.
    -----> The payment will be done, the customer's credit card will be charged and the money arrives to my paypal account, but it is unclear to me if the payment is a recurring one or not (no documentation found).
    -----> unclear what happens in a year. when the domain will expire, do I have to bring the customer to enter credit card details again to pay again?
    -----> OR time out in log for the process and error on frontend.

- domain mapping - reseller option eNom with productive environment and eNom Payment gateway
    -----> payment process is stuck, time out in log
    -----> if using the backend for purchasing the domain without SSL (no https:// in the adress) a "are you sure you want to do this?" error loop happens.
    -----> no domain will be purchased from eNom.
    -----> an e-mail from ispapi tells that the domain was not renewed.
    -----> domain becomes inavailable (this is ugly!) if you try to buy a domain it will not be available after buying.
    -----> OR a domain will be purchased from eNom but the customer will not be charged as the process is stuck on the pruchase in the plugin (very ugly, because eNom charges me and domain is assigned, but I did not do a business, cash-out but no cash-in, very ugly

- domain mapping - reseller option eNom with test environment and eNom payment gateway configured
    -----> if using the backend for purchasing the domain without SSL (no https:// in the adress) a "are you sure you want to do this?" error loop happens.
    -----> SSL read: error:00000000:lib(0):func(0):reason(0), errno 54

At the moment I cannot do business with the plugin and I will need to explain to the customer that we should go off of domain reselling business. Manually buying domains through hosting provider seems to be more reliable.

If anybody would be able to help with these things abd bring it working (stable!!!) then I would really appreciate this help and I would pay for a such help!

Kind Regards,
    Manuel

• Rupok

Hi Manuel

I'm so sorry for the inconvenience you are having and I do apologize for the delay in reply. As this is related with coding and seems like it involves critical fixing, I'm flagging our SLS (Second Level Support) Team here. I believe, they will be able to fix it very soon.

Please keep in mind, our SLS Team people work round the clock and they have to deal with lots of critical issues and other things. So it may take a little while for them to work on this and give their valuable feedback here.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Manuel

Hi Rupok

Thank you for flagging 2nd Level Support.
    I'm still interested to find a solution on this.

Is this situation:
    - eNom with account (as far as I understand it's not a sub-reseller, it's an own account)
    - and payment gateway pro sites or eNom.
    working well on other installations?
    Or does this make problems for others as well?

Should I try to setup annother wordpress instance and install the plugin there and purchase a domain (would cost me the fee for one domain for 1 try, so I would like to try only when it's worth).

Kind Regards,
    Manuel

• Manuel

Hi experts

Does anybody know how to get the API call from the plugin? Maybe a setting or a line of code that I could insert somewhere bringing the plugin to dump the API call into a DB table or a file-based log? I assume that could help tracking the issue.

eNom replied to my request ticket 160122-000073 :

Response James S. via Email 01/25/2016 09:48 AM
    Hello,

Without having the command information we are unable to troubleshoot any failed purchases. Please update this ticket when you have that information.

Regards,

James S.
    Customer Manuel Fernandez via CSS Web 01/22/2016 07:55 PM
    Hi James

Thank you for replying.

I have requested assistance from Support of the "Domain Mapping Plugin" to find out how to get the requested command.

In the meantime I have tried to Switch in "Domain Mapping Plugin" from an internal payment Gateway to eNom payment Gateway. There i tried to purchase annother Domain for testing purpose (judithfernandez.ch), twice i recieved timeout and on the third try i recieved Domain Name is inavailable. Then i retried from the beginning, the Domain became available but on the first payment try it became inavailable.

I will try to get requested command ond will come back to you.

Kind Regards,
    Manuel Fernandez

• Jude

Hey Manuel,

Sorry about the extreme delay here, it somehow slipped through the gaps. Here is a hotfix that should hopefully have this fixed.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ox2y5ya1w2a0isl/incsub-domain-mapping-63593db5e6a0.zip?dl=0

Also a note of caution, this is a beta version, while unlikely it may not be 100% stable and may evolve and change a bit before the final release. Its more of a temporary workaround as opposed to a long term solution

Let us know if you still need help with this. Keeping my eyes open on this thread.

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV member and have a fantastic day!

Cheers
    Jude