Domain Mapping - Server Error

I am getting a server error when I try to access the new domain. Can you help?

Many thanks,

Richard

• Predrag Dubajic

Hey Richard,

Hope you're doing well today.

Could you give us some more info about this, what is the exact error that you're seeing?

Is this happening only on subsites with mapped domains or you're seeing the same issue with subsites with their original domain?

Is the issue specific to frontend, backend or both?

Would you mind allowing support access so we can have a closer look at this?
    To enable support access you can follow this guide here:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/docs/getting-started/getting-support/#chapter-4

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Richard

Hi Pedrag. Thank you for your reply. Here are the answers to your questions. I have enabled support access for you.

Could you give us some more info about this, what is the exact error that you're seeing? I can not get access to the newly created domain at all. Not possible to view the dashboard.

Is this happening only on subsites with mapped domains or you're seeing the same issue with subsites with their original domain? Both

Is the issue specific to frontend, backend or both? Both

Would you mind allowing support access so we can have a closer look at this? I am happy for your to do this and have enabled access.

I will look forward to hearing from you.

Richard

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Richard,

Thanks for the access.

I had a look at your site and I'm afraid that the issue is not related to Domain Mapping, even with it disabled your existing or new subsites are not working.

Here's something you can start from, go to Settings > Network Setup in your network admin panel and double check that the correct code is added to your wp-config.php and .htaccess files.

After that it's worth checking that your wildcard domain is configured correctly as this is a must for subdomain WP multisite.

If all of the above give no results you should get in touch with your server provider and ask them to check server logs and that should give more info about the exact cause of this issue.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Richard,

I just tested Cloner on your network by cloning wpmudevtest subsite as clonedsite subsite and when I check it out the custom items I created, like pages, posts, menus, were properly transferred and I don't see any content from main site.

Can you explain a bit more the steps that you did and which subsite you tried to clone?

P.S. If you have questions that are not closely related it's best to start new chat or thread for them so we can deal with them separately, it's easier for everyone to follow up which allows to provide better and faster responses, and also makes sure that we don't miss any questions you have.

Best regards,
    Predrag