Domain mapping simply isn't working as needed

Alright... Domain mapping. It's set up as correctly as I know how, and it will not validate a domain I know is pointing at my dedicated incoming IP address. Wildcards work well, the domain's DNS has been pointing at the IP for over a day (even received the standard notification email from GoDaddy already)

What do I have to do to get it working? Totally willing to open up the domain for support (already turned it on)

PryorMedia.net.

Thanks in advance for your time guys and gals.

- Charlie -

• Kingdom Studios
    • The Bug Hunter

Retrieving DNS records for pryormedia.net...
    DNS servers
    ns1.mediatemple.net [64.207.128.246]
    ns2.mediatemple.net [70.32.65.137]

Answer records
    pryormedia.net MX
    preference: 10
    exchange: mail.pryormedia.net
    43200s
    pryormedia.net A 205.186.184.124 43200s
    pryormedia.net SOA
    server: ns1.mediatemple.net
    email: dnsadmin@mediatemple.net
    serial: 2014022701
    refresh: 10800
    retry: 3600
    expire: 1209600
    minimum ttl: 43200
    43200s
    pryormedia.net NS ns2.mediatemple.net 43200s
    pryormedia.net NS ns1.mediatemple.net 43200s

Authority records

Additional records
    mail.pryormedia.net A 216.70.64.177 43200s
    ns2.mediatemple.net A 70.32.65.137 300s
    ns1.mediatemple.net A 64.207.128.246 300s

Retrieving DNS records for mediatemple.net...
    DNS servers
    ns1.mediatemple.net [64.207.128.246]
    ns2.mediatemple.net [70.32.65.137]

Answer records
    mediatemple.net NS ns1.mediatemple.net 300s
    mediatemple.net 28 [16 bytes] 300s
    mediatemple.net TXT v=spf1 include:_spf.google.com include:_spf.mediatemple.net include:registrarmail.net mx ~all 300s
    mediatemple.net A 64.207.129.182 300s
    mediatemple.net MX
    preference: 20
    exchange: mediatemple.net.s8a2.psmtp.com
    300s
    mediatemple.net MX
    preference: 10
    exchange: mediatemple.net.s8a1.psmtp.com
    300s
    mediatemple.net NS ns2.mediatemple.net 300s
    mediatemple.net MX
    preference: 30
    exchange: mediatemple.net.s8b1.psmtp.com
    300s
    mediatemple.net SOA
    server: ns1.mediatemple.net
    email: dnsadmin@mediatemple.net
    serial: 2014022700
    refresh: 10800
    retry: 3600
    expire: 1209600
    minimum ttl: 10800
    300s
    mediatemple.net MX
    preference: 40
    exchange: mediatemple.net.s8b2.psmtp.com

• Charlie Pryor
    • The Incredible Code Injector

I'm not entirely sure why you'd post that information. It has nothing to do with the function of this plugin directing subdomains properly to the dedicated IP address... or it's failure to do so at this time.

One problem I am seeing now though is that my site isn't accessible from the IP address directly, as it should be (I noticed this about an hour ago and didn't think much of it).

Perhaps this has something to do with it...

- Charlie

• Charlie Pryor

Also... for any Staff that does look into this for me, you already have access to my dashboard via the WPMU DEV Dashboard. You may not have access to the test site I'm using to try this plugin out.

So, the site you're trying to map is http://jfs.pryormedia.net. This is a brand new site, and I want to map http://justforshits.com to it. The DNS settings for justforshits.com is already directed to the IP address for the network, which is dedicated. it's A record is exclusively pointing to it.

Let me know if you can't get access to that subdomain, and I'll send you some login credentials for it.

- Charlie

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi Charlie,

Hope you're well today and thanks for your question.

I took a look at the setup (nice site by the way :slight_smile:

And everything looks good, did see your using WP Super Cache, are you using any database side caching at all such as Memcache?

Could you let me know one of the TLD's your trying to map that is returning invalid?

If you'd rather not post that here, you can send an email to contact(at)wpmudev.org with the subject line Attn: Jack Kitterhing and I'll take a look :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• Charlie Pryor

You can see that information in the posting above (which was probably submitted before you could refresh the page.

I have no problem giving you login credentials to try and map this thing. It's a junk "test" subdomain to make sure it's working..

the Subdomain is http://jfs.pryormedia.net. The domain I'm mapping is http://justforshits.com. you'll notice by looking up DNS records that it is indeed pointing to the IP address for my server, which is dedicated and properly configured for the plugin at the network admin level.

You can log into the subdomain site with this:

username: wpmutest2
    pass: AByjQQobRJOL

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @Charlie Pryor,

I've checked the domain and the A record is correct as you said, it points to the correct IP and returns the correct IP in a traceroute.

Just to check, the domain is completely empty? No folders? And is a parked domain not a add-on domain?

Please advise, also as a workaround while we check what's happening here, you can disable the DNS verification in the network admin > settings > Domain Mapping.

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi Charlie,

Thanks for the additional information.

I've checked all your DNS settings and everything looks good, no issues with the IP A records or anything like that.

I've flagged the lead developer here for his valuable input on this, thanks for your patience :slight_smile:

Kind Regards
    Jack

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.