Domain Mapping SSO script reported as spam

I used Domain Mapping plugin on this one to allow the client's to configure themselves, everything was working okay, minus cross domain cookies not working, until about 2 weeks ago.

One of the sites that was running Adwords to one of its pages, got flagged for spam. I immediately scanned the network, check wedbmasters, etc... and nothing. Everything is clean.

I raised the issue with Google and they complained about a script that is part of WPMU's domain mapping plugin, specifically this:

http://loca*****th.site/dm-sso-endpoint/1545360410/?dm_action=domainmap-setup-cdsso

• Ash

Hello Micha

Though this is holiday time but I managed to contact the developer :slight_smile:

Here is the message from him:

1. Please reply to Google Ad Words asking for some clarification on why that http://localgrowth.site/dm-sso-endpoint/1545360410/?dm_action=domainmap-setup-cdsso link needed to be removed, in order for us to have a little bit more info on what to check.
    2. In the meantime, you can select Load Cross-domain autologin asynchronously in the Cross-domain autologin section in order to remove that link and still be able to have the cross-domain autologin functionality enabled.
    3. And then ask Google to recheck their site after they make the above change.

Please let us know about this. Have a nice day!

Cheers,
    Ash

• Micha

Ash,

I'm not sure where we are getting lost here, but I was clear that I've already removed this plugin entirely! I have a network to ensure that it works and that google will not ban my sites when advertising. Also, WP has had built in domain mapping for many versions now so this plugin only really adds the ability for users to add their own domain. For us, we removed and will serve that role through support.

Also, to their question about asking Google why that link needed to be removed... I don't know. I've been asking them for clarity for 2 weeks and they didn't give me anything to go on. You'll need to reach out to Google yourself.

What I can say, is that this link is somehow against Google Ads policies and that by using this domain mapping plugins can get your entire site and all ads stopped until you remove this WPMU Domain Mapping system.

I urge you to reach out to google yourselves to fix it so that you aren't putting your users at a risk of getting banned simply by using your plugin.

I will not be a go between here on this for you and Google. I do not have the time to do so.

Best,
    Micha

• Ash

Hello Micha

I am sorry that I missed you removed the plugin. Actually, this is the first case we heard such an issue, so we thought this could be your site-specific. We have lots of members using the same plugin and some of them are using google ads.

But anyway, I will talk to the developer and will try to reach google about it.

We will update you as soon as I got some information.

Have a nice day!

Cheers,
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.