While I'm working on different projects, I've elliminated a lot of server sided issues which brought my page loading time down to about 200ms! That's faster than you can say "Uhhhhhh".
However, that's on my front page. All other sites are affected by a small problem: Domain Mapping Single Sign on still thinks he's the boss.
Of course, it's a great, nay, brilliant and must-have feature (but it still seems to conflict with Object Cache :slight_frown:).
The problem is quite simple: Every single site has about 600 to 1200ms extra loading time from one single (blocking, I might add) request: admin-ajax.php?action=domainmap-setup-cdsso
This request is loaded on every single page visit, either mapped or not. With one exception: the main blog's homepage.
Now, here are two screenshots for you to gobble on, the first screenshot is a waterfall of a mapped domain, the second is one on a VIP database and shows how buggy Chrome actually sometimes is (random undocumented delays):
As you can see, the mapped domain could've been loaded (without cache!) within 180ms! Unfortunately, 1.35s of load time has been added. And Google hates me for it :slight_frown: I litteraly got a stone kicked through my window last night with a letter on it that said: fix your site.
Ok, this is becoming more of a novel so I'll break things down for you:
1. Every page suffers from it when SSO is turned on.
2. After a cache flush with SSO turned off pages load FAST.
3. Have you turned off X plugin? Yes.
4. All of them? Nope, only the ones that affect the backend stayed on.
5. Have you tried without cache? Yup.
6. Anything else? I use Multi-DB, also this seems to be a common problem (with different setups and servers).
7. Priority? 1.3 sec load time (and 330ms on the VIP), about 300 to 600%!
8. Is it your internet? http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3925825084 Welcome to Holland.
Any inputs? Thanks and have a great day! :slight_smile: