domain mapping - to many redirects

I am just learning how to map domains and I have done it 4 times successfully now with all of your help :slight_smile: . I have one now that isnt allowing me to map the domain. I have added the domain to my account at Flywheel and I have created an A record to point to the flywheel. I checked the DNS and it says it is configured correctly. I am not able to map the domain because it says that the DNS is not configured correctly and when I go to the domain (even though it isnt mapped) it says to many re-directs which is an error I have not had before.

The site is painting.freedomwave.net and the domain is http://www.gomollpainting.com/I have allowed access to my account.

• Nithin

Hi Justin,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

I could notice the mentioned issues, and when I mapped the domain, it's getting redirected. Are you using a dedicated IP? It doesn't seems like the IP is pointing to your multisite. I could notice other subsites sucessfully mapped, do you have issues with these domains in your install? Or the issue is only limited to your given subsite?

Could you please provide more info, to be sure that weren't missing out anything here, so that we could get back to you asap. Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• Justin

Thank you for your help. Well this morning the plugin allowed me to map the domain. The last few days it said the DNS was not configured so maybe that was just taking a long time to propagate. Now that the domain is mapped I do still receive the to many re-directs error. I am using managed hosting with Flywheel I have about 15 other sites on the account sharing an IP address. I am not sure if that is considered a dedicated IP address or not. The IP address is unique to my account.

All of the other domains I mapped are not having any issues the other domains are registered with Godaddy and I went in and added the A record. This domain is with Namecheap and the client wont give me access to his register account. IS there something in his account that could be causing this?

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.