Domain Mapping Two Networks One Server

Hi,
I have one server with one IP address. I have two domains hosted on this server. One is already a wp network and the second will also be a wp network. Will I have any issues if I want to use domain mapping on both networks since they don't have separate IP addresses?

Thanks!

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @foster-redmond

I hope you are well today,

I'm afraid I believe you would have a problem with this, as the domain might try to resolve to the other site, when it actually belongs to the other one, I believe each network needs it's own IP, though I will also flag the developer on this to check there isn't a work around, but there isn't one that I'm aware of I'm afraid.

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• Barry
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

I have one server with one IP address. I have two domains hosted on this server. One is already a wp network and the second will also be a wp network. Will I have any issues if I want to use domain mapping on both networks since they don't have separate IP addresses?

You would have to specify the domains in your apache / web server set up to point to the relevant WP install. This means you won't be able to take advantage of setting up a wild card domain (which will direct all domains coming into the IP to a specific WP install).

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.