domain mapping update 3.05 to 3.07

There is a notice in my admin area that there is an update for domain mapping plugin. I have 3.0.5 installed (and working). The new version is 3.0.7. There is no auto-update for this plugin. It looks like I have to download and reinstall it. What has changed in the latest version? Is it necessary to update this plugin regularly? Is the upgrade process the same as the initial install process? Do I have to go through the configuration steps again? Sorry for all the questions. I am new to this.

• Timothy Bowers

Hi digital.dimages, welcome to the WPMU Dev Community!

. I have 3.0.5 installed (and working). The new version is 3.0.7. There is no auto-update for this plugin.

There is no auto update for that version. As you might know, the plugin is located in the MU folder.

It looks like I have to download and reinstall it.

Is the upgrade process the same as the initial install process?

Do I have to go through the configuration steps again?

You would open your FTP, delete the current files. Upload the new ones and your done. No reinstalling or configuring, your settings are retained :slight_smile:

On the latest version, you pop the sunrise.php in the same place:

/wp-content/sunrise.php

But upload the plugin folder "domain-mapping/" to the plugins folder then network activate. The Domain mapping settings page is not longer under the main settings in Network Admin, it now has its own section under the settings drop down.

/wp-content/plugins/domain-mapping/PLUGIN-FILES

Is it necessary to update this plugin regularly?

Its always best to stay up to date. each release could bring new features, fixes, improvements, security updates, etc, etc.

Sorry for all the questions.

Don't be sorry, we are here to help! :slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.