Domain mapping update sunrise.php

Hi there !

I see an update of DM here.

What about the sunrise.php we must use when multidomain is installed, with its proper sunrise.php ?

Can you clarify before updating please ?

• Fanus van Straten
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

I can easily update the plugin & change the sunrise file but I need to know exactly what has been changed in this update.

I don't want to fix something that isn't broken and risk my client sites going offline.

Actually there shouldn't be a reason to update the plugin if it already performs as it should.

Any word from Staff?

• Barry
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

If you are not getting any warnings in your logs about depreciated functions then just leave it as it is. The very last update to domain mapping was to remove any new warnings introduced when upgrading to WP 3.5 which is due to be released quite soon.

• Fanus van Straten
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Yep I am rather going to wait for WP 3.5 to be released since it seems like quite a major release and then I will also rather wait a few days before I update my multisite to 3.5 to let the bugs first get sorted out. New is not always better if it could potentially break a perfectly working network.

I also run a free blog on WP.com, just to keep me in the loop as to what they are doing , and I have already noticed that they have started implementing the new 3.5 features. It looks pretty awesome but yes it's better to rather wait a few days after Dec 5th and wait for WP DEV to get their updates done.

My biggest fear is always that my Domain Mapping could break if I update since that could cause havoc for client sites.

Rather safe than sorry.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.