Domain Mapping update to 4.4.2.1 seems flawed or broken

Hi Support,

I tried to update Domain Mapping to 4.4.2.1 and my routing went bananas. I got A 404 one website “CELEBRATERECOVERYGIFTS.NET” and I got routed to a temporary page on opticomtel.com. these are all sites on my multisite install at “opticomsites.com”. I use WP Engine as my host and they do their own domain mapping or NAT’ing on top of the domain mapping plugin, but it’s always worked before. There wasn’t an issue with the non-mapped domains, for instance opticomtel.opticomsites.com worked fine, but the mapped domain was broken.

Fortunately, I took a checkpoint of the site before updating the plugin and when I reverted back to the checkpoint, it is now working ok.

I would give you access, but one of my other issues (which I haven’t put in a support ticket for) is that the WPMU DEV dashboard is not showing up on my Network Admin page. That dashboard works on other sites, it’s just stopped working on the opticomsites.com site. It was only a nuisance and I just haven’t gotten around to deactivating and reactivating the plugin. Also, this is a production site supporting many clients, so I didn’t want to test it.

  • Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

    Hello dmuchnok,

    I hope you’re well today and thank you for your question!

    Since it’s a production site serving many clients it could be better to test this on a staging site. As far as I know, WPEngine provides an easy way to create staging site with just a few clicks so I’m thinking it would be better to create such a site and then setup similar domain mapping (you could use some selected sub-domains as mapped domains for this) using recent version of Domain Mapping so we could safely play around and test it all.

    Do you think you could create such a setup?

    As for WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin. By default the plugin becomes accessible for that super-admin account only that activated it. I think you could do the following to re-gain “network admin access” to it:k

    – access your site via FTP

    – go to “/wp-content/plugns” folder

    – rename “wpmudev-updates” folder

    – login to your Network Admin as a super-admin (the WPMU DEV Dashboard should become disabled now)

    – rename the plugin folder back to “wpmudev-updates”

    – go to “Network Admin -> Plugins” page and enable it back

    Now the plugin should be assigned to your super-admin account and available through the “Network Admin” dashboard.

    Best regards,

    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.