Domain Mapping user is not logged in on front end

HI Guys

I am running the domain mapping plugin and have Administration mapping = 'domain entered by the user' on the plugin. I can login to all sites on the network with no trouble. On the front end however I am always shown as logged out so no cookie is being set for the mapped domain to keep me logged in on the front end.

If I try any other settings for "Administration mapping' other then 'domain entered by the user' I am always faced with the login page for whichever dashboard I choose to visit so no cookie is being set at all?

Your help is appreciated

Kieran

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Kieran,

Thank you for your replay and for granting access.

I checked the site and if I'm not missing anything it seems to affect only those sites that do have mapped domains currently and that are set to be redirected (in mapped domain settings) to the mapped domain.

I suppose that's the live site so I didn't make any changes there but before going any further I'd like to find out if there's any other part of your setup interfering so I'd like to ask you to run a full plugin conflict test as described on a flowchart in this article:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/

If this indeed is a plugin (e.g. Wordfence) we could then try to narrow it down to specific settings of that plugin. If that's not a plugin we would at least exclude it from possible causes.

Let me know about the result, please.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Kieran
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi guys

I have tried the default 2016 theme and deactivated all plugins (except w3 cache as when I disable that is cause me loads of grief getting thing back in place) I still have the issue os not being logged n on the front end of all sites with mapped domains.

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Kieran,

Thank you for running the test and for your response.

Still however I think testing with W3 Total Cach and Wordfence both disabled would be very helpful. These plugins are the ones that I suspect the most, especially the W3 Total Cache which is set on your site to perform quite an "agressive" caching. The Domain Mapping does set the cookie (it's valid for a short time and renewed often) and if the plugin either prevents it from being set somehow it wold cause the issue.

There's also an "invalid token" error that shows up in a console and it is most likely caused by caching as well (though I'm not sure about it yet). If you switching off the W3 Total Cache on your site would be too troublesome (I believe it may be), would it be possible that you created a staging site where we could test it safely? Such a site should be an exact copy of your live site and be hosted on the same server/hosting account. That would be extremely useful.

Let me know please if that's possible!

Best regards,
    Adam

• Kieran

Hi Adam

I have tried with both disabled and i am still getting the error. I had not seen the "invalid token" error that shows up in a console so I will try and sort that out as that would indeed prevent the cookie being set.

Thanks for your help

Kieran

• Dimitris
    • Support Star

Hey there Kieran,

I trust you're well today and don't mind me chiming in! :slight_smile:

Could you please contact your hosting provider on this? Just in case their cache system interferes somehow in the backend of your website. We should then been able to further narrow down this. Of course a staging environment like my colleagues Adam mentioned in his previous reply would make things a lot easier.

Take care,
    Dimitris

• Kieran

Hi guys

Sorry, I did not have any luck with my hosting provider.

I can now login to individual sites and be shown as logged in on the from end. I do still have to login to each one individually however to be shown as logged in n the front end.

So to further debug: I deactivated all plugins and activated the 2016 theme. The "invalid token" error is only in place when domain mapping is active on a site and the site has a domain mapped to it. Also the error is not there on any blog that the user is logged in on individually.

I presume this JS error is stopping the cookie being set.

Hope this is some help

Kieran

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Kieran,

I have pinged our developers to check this out as well and while wait for their response can you please perform another test for us.
    Can you try removing Minimal Coming Soon & Maintenance Mode plugin completely from your site and see if that makes any difference?

Let us know how it goes.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Kieran

Hi Guys

I confirm that I have tried removing Minimal Coming Soon & Maintenance Mode plugin completely.
    It had no effect so I have now reinstalled and set the plugin up again on the primary domain.

Thanks for your help so far

Kieran

• Kieran

Hi

Thanks for your reply.

This issue is nearly three weeks old now and I still cannot put my network Iive because of the problem. Now I am showing the below error on all dashboards

Error: Incorrect or out of date login key

Clearing cookies does not solve the issue. The network is now completely unusable because of the domain mapping plugin.

Any help at all would be great

Thanks

Kieran

• Dimitris
    • Support Star

Hello Kieran,

I trust you're well today!

I already pinged again our Second Level Support guys on this, despite the heavy load they currently have to confront considering multiple issues. Hopefully they'll have a look soon and let us know too!
    I really appreciate your patience on this! :slight_smile:

Kind regards,
    Dimitris

• Kieran

As no solution was found I destroyed the Cloudways server, created a new one and imported my sites again, then reinstalled my plugins and theme. It is now working as expected again. I just hope it stays that way for a while this time :slight_smile:

Kieran

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.