Domain Mapping v 4.4.2.1 Redirects To Incorrect Mapped Domain

Hello,

This issue is on a WP 4.4.2 multisite network with domain mapping and multi-domains active.

After upgrading from domain mapping 4.4.2.0 to 4.4.2.1 sites with multiple domains mapped to them no longer resolve correctly to the domain set as the primary domain in domain mapping.

Several sites with multiple domains mapped to them will only resolve to a different domain than the one set as the main domain.

Rolling back to domain mapping v 4.2.2.0 resolves the problem.

Apparently something was introduced in 4.4.2.1 that prevents the sites with multiple mapped domains from resolving to the domain set as primary.

Can anyone else replicate this issue?

• Rupok
    • Support Ninja

Hi SooBahkDo

Hope you had a wonderful day.

I just checked Domain Mapping Changelog and found these three:

March 14, 2016 - version 4.4.2.1
    Improved: Better compatibility with Upfront themes
    Improved: Better scheme forcing
    Fixed: Depreciated notices

I don't think any of these could cause this. Still I'm flagging our developer as he can tell you better regarding this.

Please keep in mind, our developers work round the clock and they have to deal with lots of critical issues and other things. So it may take longer than usual for them to respond here.

Would you mind allowing Support Access so we can have a closer look at this?

To enable support access you can follow this guide here:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• mbitcon
    • Problem solver

I see the same behavior on my site. I started to make a view code diffs to see where the code has changed and it seems to me there have been more changes under the hood than the few lines in the changelog might suggest.
    I am aware that the developers are busy with "critical issues and other things" For some of my customers this error indeed is a critical thing - this severely can affect a sites SEO.
    For now I reverted back to the older version.

• Rupok
    • Support Ninja

Hi videomike

Hope you had a wonderful day.

I just checked the changelog and it says, this issue is fixed with some others in Version 4.4.2.2.

April 27, 2016 - version 4.4.2.2
    Improved: Mapping performance
    Fixed: Issue with mapping scheme
    Fixed: Issue with multiple mapped domains
    Fixed: Multiple issues with translation files

Can you please update to Version 4.4.2.2 and check? Please let us know if you still have the issue. We will be glad to assist further.

Have a nice day. Cheers!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.