Domain Mapping, Video Tutorials and Preview Posts all working together?

So this question involves several issues so looking for some guidance or a possible work around. Here it goes...

I am trying to use Integrated Video Tutorials on my MS install with domain mapping. My domain mapping for both Administration mapping and Login mapping are set as "Mapped domain". So my video tutorials are not working due to the fact that the mapped domain is not registered as a valid domain to use the Video Tutorials Plugin.

However the reason I have the domain mapping this way is that a user can not preview a post if I do not set it this way. It seems that the preview post link points to the mapped domain so I have to set the Admin to the mapped domain and not the original domain. Is there something I am missing?

I just want preview posts to work and also have the video tutorials working.

Thanks!

• aecnu

Greetings Nate,

Thank you for the detailed description of what is going on there and the logical solution would be to register each of the domains in the video API.

The intended use of the integrated videos were to help sub site owners with managing their sub sites. Obviously folks are trying to use them for more.

At this point other then registering all the TLD's in the video API there is no other option.

It seems that the preview post link points to the mapped domain so I have to set the Admin to the mapped domain and not the original domain. Is there something I am missing?

Are you indicating here that when using the original domain and one chooses preview post and it shows the mapped domain URL, does it error out or?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• Nate

Hi Joe,

Correct when using the original domain and you click on preview post the link goes to the mapped domain and displays a 404. So I was forced to use the mapped domain for the admin and the login under the domain mapping settings. Thus breaking the Integrated Video Tutorials Plugin for each domain.

Are there settings that will allow me to use the original domain so preview posts will work? If I can do this then I won't have to find another solution for the Integrated Video Plugin.

Thanks!

• aecnu

Greetings Nate,

Thank you for the additional clarifications and regarding the integrated videos have you registered within the Video API here on WPMU DEV each of those TLD's that are being used with the videos?

On a side note, not a criticism but a copy and paste form another ticket and informing you so that we can work together more efficiently and timely please consider the following:

****Please note:****
    One reason in this particular ticket here that we are having delays in a response is because of the way the ticket system works. The ticket system see's every reply as well a reply ... and then changes it's priority in the support que to include ticket aging.

Therefore it may not show up on our screens as early as it would under normal conditions. It is usually in your best interest to not bump tickets or reply to them unless there is something significant to add.
    ****Please note****

Regarding the Domain Mapping issue and previewing the posts, does that issue persist using Domain Mapping version 3.1.7?

Please let me know at your earliest convenience about the TLD's/Video API and the Domain Mapping item as well.

Look forward to hearing form you in any event.

Cheers, Joe

• Nate

Hi Joe,

Thanks for checking in. The main issue I had was with the domain mapping plugin. I wanted to make sure that the all users were logging in with the original domain and that the admin was also the original domain. This was not working with preview posts breaking.

I did everything that was suggested on the forums and nothing worked. Until I came upon a post recommending the Ajax Login plugin. This seems to do the trick for me. Now users are able to login to the original domain, preview posts and use the Video Tutorials just fine.

Thanks!