Domain Mapping - will not validate and causing internal server error

Hi

I have been using domain mapping for some time without any issues but (i think after the update) I now seem to have some domains showing as invalid others seem to be ok.

I also have more serious issue where I am unable to log into admin win the mapped domain address. After entering username an password, it causes an internal server error.

Heeellllllllllpppp.

Thanks in advance

Kind regards

Stef :slight_smile:

• Michael Bissett

Hey @Stefanie, hope you're doing well today! :slight_smile:

In regards to this:

but (i think after the update) I now seem to have some domains showing as invalid others seem to be ok.

Does there seem to be a particular pattern to the domains that are showing as invalid? How were they mapped to your Multisite, via A record, or by other means?

Regarding this:

I also have more serious issue where I am unable to log into admin win the mapped domain address. After entering username an password, it causes an internal server error.

Could you give this interim patch a go, and seeing if that helps? I've notified the developer of this issue, so that he can look into it on his end, but using this patch restored my ability to log into my test site over here. :slight_smile:

You'll want to unzip the attachment here, and place the .php file inside in:

/domain-mapping/classes/Domainmap/Module/

Overwriting the copy that's there.

Thanks!

Kind Regards,
    Michael

• Stefanie

Hi @Michael Bissett

Thanks for the speedy reply.

Does there seem to be a particular pattern to the domains that are showing as invalid? How were they mapped to your Multisite, via A record, or by other means?

There is no pattern discernible pattern that I am able to see.

All mapped domains are via A records in exactly the same way. I have triple checked.

Thank you very much for the patch. Fixed.

I am able to log in so the validation is not serious I guess.

Thanks again

Stef

• Michael Bissett

Hey @Stefanie, glad to hear that the patch helped resolve that login issue! :slight_smile:

You'll be glad to know that this was also remedied in the update that the developer released today, in case you were concerned about it being affected in the future.

Regarding the validation issue... hmm. You've got a dedicated IP set up for your Multisite here, and the dedicated IP has been pointed at your site's DocumentRoot?

(if this sounds like a ton of gibberish, this would be something that you'd want to bring up to your hosting provider)

If you have, then could you enable Support Access to your Multisite, so that I can have a closer look at the sites that are affected here?

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Kind Regards,
    Michael

• Stefanie

Hi @Michael Bissett

Great to hear the update is coming out so fast.

Access granted. ( I am running a malware scan at the moment so it might be slow)

Ip address all seems ok... everything was working fine.

NB: I have been in contact with my host regarding some recent "unusual" access in my log.

Can I private message you with their response. Perhaps it is related?

Kind regards

Stef

• Michael Bissett

Hey @Stefanie,

It seems like something that's going to affect all of your sites, I just tried checking the status for powerpoint.tv, and found that to be invalid as well.

I did notice though that when I tried entering the IP address for your server, I get taken to your Multisite's registration page, whether or not registration is enabled on your network. I'd like to have a deeper look at what's going on here, could you please send in the following:

- Mark to my attention, the subject line should contain only: ATTN: Michael Bissett
    - Do not include anything else in the subject line, doing so may delay our response due to how email filtering works.
    - Link back to this thread
    - Include WordPress network admin access details (login address, username & password)
    - Include cPanel log-in details (login address, username & password)
    - Include the information your hosting provider sent along about that "unusual" access, just in case :slight_smile:
    - Include any relevant URLs for your site

On the contact form (linked to below), please select "I have a different question", this ensures it comes through and gets assigned to me.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Thanks!

Kind Regards,
    Michael

• Stefanie

Hi @Michael Bissett

I will get that over to you asap. Probably in the morning.

just noticed the following (below) in my error log - there are also a lot of out of memory alerts and issues with word fence.

Seems like it has all gone pear shaped. lol

Kind regards

Stef.

[13-May-2015 15:21:47 UTC] PHP Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/localpub/public_html/wp-login.php:61) in /home/localpub/public_html/wp-content/plugins/domain-mapping/classes/Domainmap/Module/Mapping.php on line 1159

• Michael Bissett

Hey @Stefanie,

That error you mentioned was due to a hiccup in 4.4.0.4, that should've been resolved with this most recent update.

In regards to the Domain Mapping issues, I would like to ask... have you made any changes to the DNS settings recently? I noticed that Cloudflare was mentioned in your Advanced DNS Zone Editor, was that a recent addition?

Not seeing anything out of place in your .htaccess, so that doesn't look to be a culprit presently.

Kind Regards,
    Michael

• Stefanie

Hi @Michael Bissett

Thanks so much for taking the time to help.

I have just looked at the site admin in panel and it seems cloud flare is active with a c-name record pointing to cloud flare servers.

I have switched it off for the moment just to see if it helps. I must admit, I didn't think I had this active at the moment.

I will see if the domains resolve after switching off and let you know shortly.

Kind regards

Stef

• Stefanie

Hi @Michael Bissett

Apologies for the delay getting back.

It appears to be all ok now.

I can only assume it was something corrupted/caused by Cloud front.

After switching off, messing around with various cache plugins, minify, etc I then turned cloud front back on and it all seemed to be as it should be.

Go figure????

Thanks you once again for going above and beyond to assist.

Kind regards

Stef
    X

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.