domain mapping with enom easy email setup

hi there.... considering using enom for reseller so domains dont need to be pointed to nameservers manually. so is enom configured for auto dns? n if hosting server is changed do domains auto populate the new nameservers too?? also how does a web customer create a new email or forwarder... since usually this is done manually by me in cpanel?? wat else should i know b4 paying for an enom account? thnx.

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi Lance,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

I think it should automatically setup the DNS. but email setup will have to be manually done still but i am not sure about it.

This will certainly take a bit of trial to figure it out for me therefore in an effort of expediency I will see if I can get the plugin developer in here with his valuable insight into this plugin for his advise for us.

I have notified the plugin developer to get his valuable reply here.

He will reply here ASAP.

Thanks,
    Vinod Dalvi

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Lance,

Domains purchased through eNom should be configured and mapped automatically :slight_smile:

As for email, that is handled through the MX records and you will still need to manually configure.

This google help page gives a good intro to MX records if you aren't already familiar with them: https://support.google.com/a/answer/33352?hl=en

Then also shows how to set them up for Google Apps. Google Apps, is just one option for email hosting and while it's not free, what I always recommend and what I would do myself is just include the cost of the email hosting into your product/service pricing. You can search up other email hosting options too :slight_smile:

Hope that helps Lance!

Cheers,
    Tyler

• lance aligiannis
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

ta.. im good with mx records... just the common un web folk might have an issue with it.... i hate hosting email... i love gmail... google servers r set up for serving n receiving email properly.. i always use them too... so if i change servers... i just gotta change a setting in my enom account to point to the new one once.. is that right? ta.

• amused
    • friend of Bill. W.

hi @lance aligiannis
    i am positive i have seen default configurations for sign ups at eNom,
    i cannot find it right now but i will check sometime today, take a screen shot and let your know how.

basically you can set default mx records for all new sign ups in your reseller account to have them automatically configured if you want to provide them with an email service elsewhere.

BTW, eNome offers email white label reseller as well,
    however they have switched from SmarterMail to some other LAME mail server.

ResellerClub had a great email reseller service BTW.

• amused
    • friend of Bill. W.

hi @lance aligiannis

was out for the morning sorry this took long.

note : the instructions in the "Domain Mapping" plugin to sign up for a free eNom reseller account seems to me to be what eNom calls a "sub account" that wpmudev has most likely set up to make the process super easy for its users. i could be wrong but thats what it seems to me.
    my account is not that but rather my own paid "Silver" account i set up for $50 (there is a special now). so the point is that its possible the feature i am showing you may not be available on the free account. i honestly do not know. but the point is that default DNS configurations can be set up.

hope this helps you in some way.
    BLESS !!!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.