Domain Mapping Won't Take Domain

Argh, I'm having the same issue I've seen intermittently. Scenario:

- Install domain mapping as per instructions.
- Go to "Domain Mapping", enter domain and click "Add".
- Nothing happens. Field remains empty no matter how many times I try.

Interestingly, I can usually resolve this by going to the main site and adding a mapped domain. It "sticks" there. Then I delete it, and I can add domains on sub-sites. But I'm sure that's not the best workaround...kind of a kludge.

Please help!

Thanks,

Mark

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

I know the devs have been working on some enhancements for the domain mapping plugin. I'll ask them to chime in with a status update here.

I haven't encountered this myself, but I believe it's been mentioned on the forums before - so we'll want to take a look.

Do you have db caching going on here?

• wpcdn
    • Syntax Hero

Hi,

No db caching.

I'm assuming it's okay, and that this is just a glitch that doesn't effect the performance after that point. Things seem to be working after that. Funny thing is that I can't reproduce this consistently. I can start by restoring the same backup, and go through the same steps, and sometimes I see it...sometimes I don't.

I'm looking forward to the new version, but we have to go into production this coming week. So will the new version be backward-compatible?

Thanks,

Mark

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

New version will be backwards compatible so no worries there. Apologies we haven't been able to get it out the door yet.

Inconsistent issues are the worst to figure out (as you no doubt are aware). As I mentioned above, I haven't seen this myself and can't think of any reason for this to happen.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.