Domain mapping + WordPress 3.5beta1 = errors with tinymce

I noticed a problem where when I go to either edit or create a new post or page that I am not able to add any content to the tinymce editor. The visual and txt buttons do not work and I can't get the mouse to even focus in the editor.

I am using WordPress 3.5beta1(nightly svn)

Now this only happens on a domain that I am actually using domain mapping on.

If I use the 'domainmapped.com' then it does not work, but if I use the actual subdomain.domain.com then I an use the editor just fine.

Just something to look into.

The error is tinymce is not defined..

ReferenceError: tinymce is not defined
[Break On This Error]

...{var sl=tinymce.ScriptLoader;sl.markDone(url+'/langs/'+lang+'.js');sl.markDone(u...

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello @shawng,

Greetings and thanks for standing by while I was looking into it.

Here is what I tested

WordPress 3.4.2 with latest Domain mapping installed and TinyMCE too.

I do not see any buttons missing while using the mapped domain or the original subdomain.

We have not launched any beta version of Domain mapping for WP 3.5-beta2 as of now and I will do a few more tests to see If I can replicate the same on a new test install I am going to create on my lab site soon.

Will keep you posted.

Cheers
    PC

• shawng
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

@PC

TY, yes, I realize that beta is not supported I just usually stay way ahead of the game.

I don't plan on offering domain mapping for my users until 3.5 is final anyhow, so no rush, just wanted to put the notice out there.

If you need access to my install for testing for any reason just let me know. It is not a problem.

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey @shawng,

We really appreciate you taking time and putting this notice, as directly or indirectly offers us a heads up that if its Domain Mapping causing the issue, then we will have to take care of it before the release for 3.5 :slight_smile:

I am almost finished installing the latest beta on my lab site and will see If I can replicate it. If required, I will leave a note and ask for the details !

Much appreciated

Will post soon.

Cheers
    PC

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hiya,

I have tested and confirmed the same and going to report this to Barry so that he can keep that on his list of future releases :slight_smile:

Thanks again for pointing it out. A few points your way !

Cheers
    PC

• shawng

I've had to temporarily disable domain mapping as not only was I having all of those problems, but the load on the server overall is generally MUCH higher with domain mapping turned on. I'd estimate that the load has dropped by more than 50% since turning it off, so there is something more serious going on with this than just the missing tinymce buttons.

• shawng

Does @Barry have a solution to the domain mapping plugin with WordPress 3.5beta2 problem yet?

I had to turn domain mapping off until the problem is solved, but it would be nice to get it back sooner rather than later if it is not a huge problem to have to solve.

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello @shawng

Currently WordPress 3.5 is not an official release so we haven't released the plugin for that. yet.

The work should be going on that one however unfortunately I would nt be able to provide an ETA

Cheers, PC

• Aphrodite
    • The Reaper

this occures ALSO with 3.4.2 and last domain mapping plugin : when a domain is added, the image editor (clic on image to edit) with OR without tinymce advanced, returns a white page with this message :

Permission denied to access property 'tinymce'

Line 1
    tinyMCEPopup.editor is undefined

Line 11
  • shawng

@PC
    I just reactivated the plugin and now it is acting really strange.

I go into the same sub-domain account that was working in the past, and add the mapped domain name in the box again.

Now when I enter the mapped-domain.com into the url it takes me to the website.com/register page not the mapped url.

I have never seen that problem before, so I am not sure what to do about it at this point. I am running the newest vs. that you added, and I did add my sunrise.php file to the wp-content directory... very strange..

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey @shawng

Perhaps its your WP version ?

Can you please try and see if you can replicate it with the current 3.4.2 release as that is what I tested it on and I do not see any issues ?

@miviks : Thanks for coming back and letting me know :slight_smile:

• shawng

@PC
    Sorry, no I cannot test on 3.4.2, my site is now live and I am running trunk. I cannot step backwards. This is actually a large regression from where I was at before I deactivated it even.

Frankly it makes no sense to me at all.

For some reason my mapped domain (when entered into a browser) is taking me to the root blog #1, instead of the subdomain where I actually entered the mapped domain into. It never did that before. Oh well...

I can always use Rons domain mapping plugin as that works fine, but then I loose the ability to only allow pro-site users the ability to map domains. Pretty much I'll have to go that route anyhow, as now the site is live, I have to get the mapped domains working. I can always switch back to your plugin once 3.5 is out of beta and the issues are fixed.

• shawng

OMG, this is crazy.

I have a subdomain http://xyz.mysite.com

If I turn on domain mapping and say http://xyz.mysite.com is mapped to http://xyz.com

believe it or not when I do that, and a person enters http://xyz.mysite.com into the browser..... they are sent to http://mysite.com

At the very least, there is NO reason whatsoever to ever do that. So turning on the domain mapping plugin and using it on a site, makes that site 100% inaccessible either via the mapped domain name or even the original subdomain.

Now that... is crazy

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hiya,

I know that is crazy but I think the best thing to do is wait for the stable release and let the Domain mapping plugin be released for that version as I can only test it on 3.4.2 for any issues and its not showing any of that behavior :slight_smile:

Cheers, PC

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.