Domain name is a keyword that does not appear as part of URL in SEO

I have numerous domain names that are either a keyword or a keyword phrase. I use WPMUDEVs domain mapping plugin in multisite so each domain name mapped to a multisite acts like an individual entity. My concern is that when I run a SEO app it says that my keyword for the main page (which is a page not a post) is not in the URL. For example if my site was Dog.com and my keyword for the landing page is dog, I would think the SEO app would indicate that my keyword is in my URL, but this is not the case. I assume that if my page was Dog.com/dog then the SEO app would say the keyword is in my URL. How can I get the keyword Dog in Dog.com to be recognized? Thank you and have a great day.

• afswpmu

It first happened years ago using Yoast's plugin. Yesterday I used WP Checkup on my site called SeismicRental.com. It stated that the URL structure keywords: We could not detect any keywords in your URL. Having the right keywords in your URL can increase your search click-through rate.

While in my example I used a single word, I have had this problem over the years with single words or phrases. I am often told that my URL is missing the keyword(s).

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello afswpmu!

I think I can see now what the issue is. I'm not however sure how this detection works. While I cannot speak for other tools, I can check it regarding our WP Checkup. Therefore I have asked our developers to shed some light on this and I'll update this thread as soon as I get a replay.

Please keep track of this conversation and I'll let you know once I get a response.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello afswpmu!

I don't know how about other forums but I think here you would got a replay, though since WP Checkup is a new tool we might have not been able to give you a solid response in the past because in case of some products/tools it's really difficult to say how other developers are handling particular features :slight_smile:

I would say though, that in this particular case I'm also personally interested how this works. While I haven't done any SEO since I work here, I got quite a strong SEO background and the subject is always "close to my heart" :slight_smile:

I would however appreciate some patience on this. Since I asked developers for help, that may take a bit longer for them to respond than it usually takes us to replay here on Support Forum. They are busy with a lot of complex tasks and we sometimes need to wait a bit to get information from them. Please keep an eye on this thread and I'll update it for you as soon as I get a replay.

Have a great day!
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.