Domain name change pointing to the root folder of my ip

Hi -

1. The domain mapping seems to be missing the directory as you can see when I visit ambassadordowns.com, I get the directory listing that is missing the multisite sunhome.properties directory ...

Index of /

.ftpquota
cgi-bin/
sunhome.properties/
Apache Server at ambassadordowns.com Port 80

2. I parked the domain ambassadordowns.com in cpanel

3. my config.php contains
define( 'WP_ALLOW_MULTISITE', true );
define('MULTISITE', true);
define('SUBDOMAIN_INSTALL', false);
$base = '/';
/* define( 'DOMAIN_CURRENT_SITE', '127.0.0.1/~username/installedblog/' ); */
define('DOMAIN_CURRENT_SITE', 'sunhome.properties');
define('PATH_CURRENT_SITE', '/');
define('SITE_ID_CURRENT_SITE', 1);
define('BLOG_ID_CURRENT_SITE', 1);

4. sunhome.properties is an addon domain that is is running the multisite using sub-directories
Manage Addon Domains
Addon Domain Username Website Folder or Redirect
sunhome.properties admin public_html/sunhome.properties

Spent over 6 hours on this issue and bought into wpmudev partly to get me over this hiccup and also the backup a whole multisite plugin. Surprised there is no security plugins, in the membership, as a side point.

• James
    • New Recruit

I am changing my hosting plan as the addon domain that I was trying to run the multisite seems to be the cause of the problem, so I am going to change my multisite to be the primary domain and get a dedicated ip as well for the site.

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hi there @James

I hope you're having a great day!

Yep, having a dedicated IP is always a good idea for a multiste project. Especially if you anticipate heavy traffic or lots of media & bandwidth usage.

Plus, if you are going to be mapping domains and/or allowing that for your users, it's a lot less headachy down the road. :slight_smile:

I'm going to mark this thread resolved for now. But if you need more help on this issue, simply check the "Mark as not resolved" box below to re-open the ticket.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.