Domain not being added to Mapped Domains

New multisite setup. Domain to be mapped - multisite.ninja - has A record pointed correctly at dedicated IP address of server. Site named instantinfographic.com/multisiteninja has been created and is live.

I go to subsite --> Tools --> Domain Mapping and enter the domain name (multisite.ninja). To the right are options - disabled and entered, directed to mapped, directed to original (I've truncated labels here) - with the second one as the default.

I hit Map Domain, get circle revolving under Health Status column, and then... nothing. Original screen is there again, with no indication of any action. In Network, there are no domains listed as mapped.

I am 99% sure I put sunrise in correct place, I also added entry in wp-config to allow multiple domains per site.

Domain (multisite.ninja) resolves to front page of multisite install so the A record is pointed in the right direction.

Help :slight_smile:

• Andre Foisy

Hey Atlas,

Welcome to the WPMU Dev community and thank you for contacting our support team.

That sounds like a audacious setting but it doesn't matter we love that our members try challenges :wink:

Normal server settings point dedicated IP addresses to its own DocumentRoot which in most cases is the /public_html/ folder, the web folder. Since your Multisite Installation is in a sub-folder of the DocumentRoot, thus /public_html/multisiteninja/ you will have to contact your host to make sure that your dedicated IP will use this as the DocumentRoot instead of the standard one.

There should be no problem for them to do that.

Once that is set, you can try again and everything should work greatly.

I'd be happy to hear your feedback and know how that goes, so let me know. :wink:

Best regards,
    Andre

• kim20

The plugin doesn't seem to be saving the mapping. I forwarded your information from above to my host and they're checked settings and logged into my admin and tried it themselves.

No error messages or anything, just the spinning wheel and then it returns to the original state. I'd be happy to allow you Support Access if you think it will help. We use a number of other plugins on different sites we have and are very happy in general with them; thus my decision to try this one since the support is always great.

• Ash

Hello @Atlas

I hope you are well today.

Would you please right click on Chrome browser > Select Inspect Element > Select Console tab > Refresh the page and try to map again. Look at the console tab if any error is appeared in there.

If not, go to Network Admin domain mapping settings and disable DNS verification of mapped domain, then try again in subsite.

Let us know if that works.

Cheers
    Ash