domains not mapping using domain mapping plugin

Ok, I set up budbutlermap.com and redirected it to the IP address for golocalwebsites.com
then in the bluehost cpanel, I added the domain to the golocalwebsites.com cpanel as a addon site
the in the network dashboard for WPMU, I added budbutlermap.com as a site. Then went to the budbutlermap WP admin panel and tried to map it.

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Hey @Jade, hope you're doing well this evening! :slight_smile:

I'm a bit confused by the latter part of your statement:

the in the network dashboard for WPMU, I added budbutlermap.com as a site. Then went to the budbutlermap WP admin panel and tried to map it.

budbutlermap.com is the domain that you're trying to map, what's the address for the sub-site you're trying to map this to? Could you enable Support Access, so that we can have a closer look at things here?

Please advise,
    Michael

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Hey @Jade,

I just had a look at your site, and I'm seeing that budbutlermap.com is working on the /budbutlerapp/ subdirectory sub-site you have there, and that the DNS is pointed towards the IP for your Multisite.

(right now, I'm seeing a landing page when I'm logged out, and I see the website that's under construction when I'm logged in)

Could you confirm that you're able to access the site on your end as well, via the mapped domain? It looks like the DNS records needed a bit more time to switch over here.

Please advise,
    Michael

• Jade
    • The Incredible Code Injector

we are now using comicstorefinder.com url could you please have a look in the back end every thing is set correct ly from what we can tell but the domain will still not map i need this sorted as soon as possible

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello @Jade

The dedicated IP is not pointed to the network site, I still can see the bluehost default page, did you test it yourself?

has there been a update to Wordpress or the plugins as we were able to do it before with out a dedicated ip

It still works without a dedicated IP, in that case the mapped domain needs to be added as a parked domain in the network site cpanel. Also, the mapped domain needs to be updated with network site's nameserver.

Please let us know how you are proceeding.

Cheers
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.