Don't allow users to opt into some groups

We have different classes of users on our site. Some classes of users will not be able to subscribe to newsletters. Is there any way to do this?

Alternatively, disalowing users from managing their subscription preferences would also be an option.

Thanks

• PC

Hiya,

Greetings and thanks for your post.

We have different classes of users on our site. Some classes of users will not be able to subscribe to newsletters. Is there any way to do this?

Alternatively, disalowing users from managing their subscription preferences would also be an option.

Unfortunately this is not something which can be done with the plugin out of the box.

For the first request, I have moved this thread to Features and Feedback for future release, however currently you can only restrict public users from joining a group.

For the second thing you are looking for, that is something which have to me customized in the plugin itself because not allowing your users to unsubscribe, is considered spamming. I mean in technical terms so providing that option would not be a good thing to do. Its as good as creating a list, and sending news letters to that list manually with no option to unsubscribe.

Hey, did you check out the latest beta of this plugin : Its revamped and can be downloaded here : https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/new-e-newsletter-beta-would-love-your-feedback-1

I hope that helps. Please feel free to ask if you have more questions on the same.

Cheers
    PC

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.