Don't see Snapshot in Plugins

I have wordpress multisite installed on my own server. I downloaded Snapshot and unzipped to my plugins folder, but it is not showing up under network plugins - so i can't activate it.

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Kathleen Butler,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

The Snapshot plugin should be showing in a Network Admin if it's properly installed. Without WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin active and logged in into your WPMU DEV account, it will not provide all the features and will not be updated but it should still be there and be working.

If you don't see it on a "Network Admin -> Plugins" list, that would mean that something's went wrong during setup. Not being able to access the site and the server, I'm not entirely sure what that is but I assume that either some file(s) got unexpectedly corrupted while being extracted or that it's been put into a wrong folder.

The location should be:

/wp-content/plugins/snapshot/

where inside the "snapshot" folder there should already be plugin's folders and files and not yet another sub-folder:

/assets/
    /css/
    /js/
    /languages/
    /lib/
    /views/
    changelog.txt
    license.txt
    new-ui-tester.php
    snapshot.php
    uninstall.php

I would suggest starting with simply deleting the folder where you put the plugin into, from the /wp-content/plugins/ folder, and then installing it manually via

"Network Admin -> Plugins -> Add new -> Upload"

or better yet:

- install and enable WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin (https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/wpmu-dev-dashboard/) - download, install via "Network Admin -> Plugins -> Add new -> upload", and activate
    - after it's enabled go to "Network Admin -> WPMU DEV" and login to your WPMU DEV account
    - go to "Network Admin -> WPMU DEV -> Plugins", find Snapshot on the plugin list and install it from there.

Let me know, please, if that worked for you.

Kind regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.