Don't understand code for move-blogs.php

Can you check this and tell me the correct information to put in the move-blogs.php file? The current database name and user name are both "wp424." The new databases I created are landlady_0, landlady_1, etc. Below is what I have so far. Thanks.
///DB Settings
$dbname = "landlady_wp424"; //This is your current database
$blog_table_prefix = 'wp_'; //Prefix of your wpmu blog tables, most likely this won't need to be changed
$newdb_prefix = '?????" //This is the prefix of the db's you're moving your tables into - we assume they are all the same, if not, you're in trouble What goes in here?

//We need info to connect to the databases
$dbhost = 'localhost';
$dbuname = 'landlady_wp424';
$dbpass = 'my password';

• rossterling
    • Flash Drive

Hi Kimberly - Thanks. I did read those instructions (many times) as well as search the forums. I just do not understand the instructions.

Given the information about my databases that I presented above I want to know if what I put in is correct.

For example - Do we put the exact same thing in line 19 and line 25?

And, I do not understand at all what goes in line 21.

I hope I have given enough information so that someone can tell me exactly what to put in the parts that are in the red text.

• Barry
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

I'm afraid that setting up multi-db isn't for the faint hearted and requires quite an advanced level of knowledge including the setting up of databases, users, assigning rights, etc. before you even get to the php level stuff (I'd say wordpress level, but actual wordpress has very little to do with setting up the multi-db system).

$newdb_prefix = '?????" //This is the prefix of the db's you're moving your tables into - we assume they are all the same, if not, you're in trouble What goes in here?

The prefix of your new databases - you state they start from landlady_0, so I assume the prefix you decided on was landlady_ ?

For example - Do we put the exact same thing in line 19 and line 25?

If going from the screenshot placed above this post, then no - they are asking for two different things. If not based on the screenshot, then can you post up line 19 and 25?

In the screenshot, line 19 is asking for your current database - this is the one WP used when you first installed it, it should be in your wp-config.php file. Line 25 is asking for the username you are using to login to the database - again you set this when you first installed WP and, again, it should be in your wp-config.php file.

• rossterling
    • Flash Drive

Thanks so much for clarifying things, Barry. I need to try and do as much as I can myself if I am going to be the administrator of my site. I have already set up the 16 databases (17 really) and have assigned the users and permissions as well as editing the db.php file. I was stuck on the move-blogs.php editing. I think I understand how to do it now am I'm going to try it myself.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.