Next DOTW: How did you initially find WPMU DEV?
When building a website there often comes a time where your client(or yourself) wants something that you either don’t know how to do or are too preoccupied with other tasks and don’t have time to do.
Either way, if it needs to happen then you have two options… learn how to do it and make time for it OR hire someone else to do it! This week’s DOTW will focus on the latter :slight_smile:
I feel like this discussion could go in a number of different directions... I’m going to list some questions as usual just to get things going, but please feel free to chime in with anything related to the subject, look forward to seeing where this goes :smiley:
1. What WP related jobs have you hired for? Or tried to hire for (graphic design, coding, marketing, etc. if you have at all)
2. Do you recommend(or recommend against) any specific jobs boards or related services?
3. Do you have any tips to share on quality hiring? Or applying.
4. Have you ever used our WPMU DEV Jobs Board? If not, do you think you would ever post a job or look to hire within the WPMU DEV community?
That last question stems from a conversation in another thread(this whole DOTW did actually). You may not have known about our Jobs Board since we removed it from the main navigation some time ago. We found members tended to go elsewhere for their hiring needs if they needed to hire at all.
So, this DOTW has a couple of goals:
1. Share useful information on hiring/applying for WP jobs and related services
2. Feedback on our Jobs Board. Are there enough people interested in it to bring it back into the limelight? Or perhaps we could do some new features for the main DEV profile to make it more virtual CV / Linked In-esque? Or maybe no one cares :smiley:
-At least one comment = 5 Hero points (must comment within 7 days of thread being posted)
-Last DOTW: Who is your favourite host? And why?
-DOTW = Discussion of the Week