Double FIST/LAST Name field within Profile Settings

Valued Support-Team,

we are confused about 'which field to choose' with Profile Settings in m2Pro. Please advice.

As there exists some fields double e.g. FIRST NAME as well LAST NAME also USER NAME twice listed... we are wondering which sense this might have? Please explain it to us like usual in very simple plain English.

Also if there is no sense at all having them doubled, how do we get rid of the double entries without harming the functionality of membership2 PRO?

If you need direct server access to clarify better what's confusing us, please request credentials which will then forward with 'the different question' option.

Thanks in advance.
Kind regards
Prinz

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi Prinz,

Sorry to hear of the problem you are having.

I have tested it on my test site using latest version of Membership 2 Pro plugin and found it's working fine as shown in the attached screenshot.

This can be due to plugin/theme conflict on your site.

You can just try on your development site temporary using default WordPress theme like Twenty Fifteen and temporary deactivating all other plugins as displayed in the following flowchart to know which theme/plugin is conflicting if any.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/getting-support/

To access your site could you please just grant me temporary admin access to your site by clicking "Grant Access" button in the WPMU DEV Dashboard Settings as described on the following page and reply on this thread after granting it?

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Alternatively you can just send log in info through our secured contact form: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/
    - Choose "I have a different question"
    - Include my name in the subject "Vinod Dalvi"
    - Include the URL of this post in your message so that I may track this issue better
    - Include login information (Wordpress admin info username + password )

Kind Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi Prinz,

Thank you for sending the site details.

I logged in to your site and found the issue that you are using the BuddyPress plugin which by default provides name user profile field which is required and non removable as shown in the attached screenshot.

You have just renamed this field to the user name as displayed in the second attached screenshot but the WordPress by default displays the user name field so you don't need extra user name field from BuddyPress that causes to display duplicate user name fields in the Membership 2 Pro profile fields.

To resolve the issue in the BuddyPress Profile Fields settings on the following path just change the user name field to the BotBO Member Name field and delete the existing BotBO Member Name field.

Network Admin Area -> Users -> Profile Fields

Best Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.