Double menus on single pages; remove Like and Views.

Hi folks,

I'm getting double menus on the individual Job and Expert pages.

I did make a number of modifications, and this probably occurred as part of the last round of correcting the URLs on the browse jobs and browse experts links by changing the short codes [jbp-expert-browse-btn] and [jbp-job-browse-btn] to [jbp-expert-browse-btn url=../../expert/expert/] and [jbp-job-browse-btn url=../../job/job] so they'd work from all pages.

The extra menu only showed up when I added a second test job or expert. It's above the first, and shows a link at the lower right or left to the next job or expert in the list.

I don't need it... how do I get rid of it?

SECOND, how do I remove the Like and Views things? They don't really fit our purpose or design.

Thanks.

• Tyler Postle

Hey billc,

Hope you're doing well today and thanks for your question!

The extra menu only showed up when I added a second test job or expert. It's above the first, and shows a link at the lower right or left to the next job or expert in the list.

I don't need it... how do I get rid of it?

I tried making that same change on my installation but it didn't show 2 menus. Do you mind linking to your jobs and experts page so I can see it? Granting support access would be even better :slight_smile: then I can see how you have it setup.

You can grant support access via admin dashboard - WPMU DEV > Support > Support Access > Grant Access.

SECOND, how do I remove the Like and Views things? They don't really fit our purpose or design.

You can remove these with some CSS:

/* remove likes */

.hn-widget.hn-grey-alt {
        display: none;
    }

/* remove views */

.hn-widget.hn-blue {
        display: none;
    }

If you don't have a custom CSS stylesheet then use this plugin here:

https://wordpress.org/plugins/simple-custom-css/

Hope this helps! Look forward to hearing back!

Cheers,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.