Double Optin Confirmation For Subscribe By Email

This plugin seems great, tested it a bit. The main thing I noticed (or missed) is that there is not a double opt-in for new email subscribers that are public.

Unless I missed this feature, it would be cool to have a double opt-in email sent first with a confirmation link, then once that is clicked, then the subscriber is added and will get the new post notification emails.

This is a really cool plugin and I think this would make it even cooler!

• drmike
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

An easy way around this is to make the visible form only visible to logged in users. The confirmation of the signup can be seen as confirmation as that email address has been verified and confirmed to be used.

I will make the suggestion though, and I haven't checked this, that the sending email be the one listed for the admin email for the blog in question. That way it obeys "I can spam".

A decent disclaimer at the bottom of the emails would be a plus as well but that would be on a site by site basis.

• monsterdevelopment
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Yeah, I thought about the access to logged in users only using the widget ( https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/ad-widget ) that controls that or something similar, this seems like a good workaround.

For the can spam act, it also has to have a postal mailing address in the email footer, the postal mailing address (at least in the united states from my knowledge) must be of the sender or sender's company so that opt-outs can be completed by postal mail as well. I know, it's goofy, I am no attorney, but I am pretty certain it is law here.

So adding fields for a postal mailing address to be entered in the settings for each blog and including that in the footer would be good stuff.

See the "content compliance" section in the WIKI link drmike added above, it has the postal mailing address requirements. I have used all the email tools out there at some point on some project, Aweber, GetResponse, Constant Contact, Responsys, Infusionsoft, etc. you name it and they all require / include the postal address in the footer of every email that is sent to comply. I think they have to do this to stay in the good graces of the ISPs and the feds.

It sucks to have to worry about all of it, but it's part of the world we live in. ?

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.