Doubts about functionalities

Dear support,

We're using MarketPress plugin in some sites and we're regarding some issues:

- The product featured image does not always appear in product lists. Instead, it appears the file's name (please see attach). But sometimes, when we refresh the page, it appears normally. How can we solve that?

- How can I set different product prices for bigger quantities? Example: If I buy one unit, the price is 100$. If I buy 10 units the price is 90$ for each.
It's kind of a variation but related to quantity.
How can we do that?

- After checkout the buyer can register as a client in our site but once the purchase is complete or in other visit to the site the user has no opportunity to access to a private client area where he can check all of his history purchase or change account details, for example. Is there any way to do something like that?

Thak you for your help!

Nastia

Hello Luis Vieira , hope you're doing well!

- The product featured image does not always appear in product lists. Instead, it appears the file's name (please see attach). But sometimes, when we refresh the page, it appears normally. How can we solve that?

I can't replicate it from my end, would you please grant access from WPMU DEV > Support so I can have a closer look?

Please see the detailed instructions on the link below:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

- How can I set different product prices for bigger quantities? Example: If I buy one unit, the price is 100$. If I buy 10 units the price is 90$ for each.

This is not currently possible to do with the MarketPress plugin.

Alternately you can try our Jobs Board where you can have it custom developed by professional developers

https://premium.wpmudev.org/wordpress-development/

- After checkout the buyer can register as a client in our site but once the purchase is complete or in other visit to the site the user has no opportunity to access to a private client area where he can check all of his history purchase or change account details, for example. Is there any way to do something like that?

Just to confirm, can a user search for the ordered item on an Order Status page? I've tested it on my installation and it's working well. I would like to have a closer look at this on your site.

Please let me know once you grant an access to your site.

Cheers,
    Nastia

Luis Vieira

Hello Nastia,

I just activated the Support Access in our side. The website where we're having this issues is http://multishop.pro.blog.com/

About the second issue, do you think coupon discounts can help any way?

About the the third question, yes, the user can search for the ordered item on an Order Status page: http://multishop.pro.blog.com/loja/estado-da-encomenda/.
    How can we turn to a private client area?

Waiting for your considerations.

Thank you.

Regards,

Adam Czajczyk

Hello Luis!

I just activated the Support Access in our side. The website where we're having this issues is http://multishop.pro.blog.com/

I checked the site and at first look it looks like some cache related issue. I see you are using memcache on the site and that might affect the issue. However, I wanted to check Multishop site too but I wasn't able to access it - probably because it's on a different domain than your main site - without login and password. That being said, could you please create a temporary admin-level account on that site in question and put login and password into the text box on "Network Admin -> WPMU DEV -> Support" page (right below green support access button)? This way I'd be able to access the site while the login credentials would still be kept securely within your Network Admin area only (content of that text box doesn't get published anywhere).

About the second issue, do you think coupon discounts can help any way?

Coupons won't be of help here. I'm thinking about a different workaround though, using variations. Let's say you got a single product priced at $10. A "ten pack" makes it $100 in total and 100 items make it $1000 total. A customer can make such purchase. However with a nice description you could suggest that user to select "packages" (that'd be variations) from the list.

Those packages would be variations that you would set like i.e:

- "10 Pack" with a price of $90
    - "100 Pack" with a price of $800

and so on. You'd need to treat each variation/"pack" as a separate product/variation in your accounting probably (I guess that depends on tax laws in your country) but that could do the trick. Personally (please consider this as my private opinion though) I think that could even make a nice "marketing trick" to drive more "large quantities" sales

That being said, I think "quantity based" coupons and sales would make a great feature. I'll suggest that to the developers. From what I know there are plans to extend coupons functionalities in future so that would make a nice addition.

About the the third question, yes, the user can search for the ordered item on an Order Status page: http://multishop.pro.blog.com/loja/estado-da-encomenda/.
    How can we turn to a private client area?

Currently the only "client area" is the Order Status page. You could add a link to it on site (e.g. visible to logged in users). For logged in users it'll also show their order history below the search form. There's no option to edit details yet, however if a logged in users do checkout they're given an opportunity to update details then.

Kind regards,
    Adam

Luis Vieira

Hello Adam,

I renewed the access to our site (this time to pro.blog.com) and also put in comment box admin credentials to multishop site. Please take a look!

About the second issue, I guess that will work for our client. Thank you so much for your suggestion. Although, it's a nice feature you can really think about it.

About the third issue, I think it's not very intuitive for users the way it is currently. You should think in a way to integrate all in 'client area'. Do you think it's possible? Are your developers able to that?

Thanks for help.

Regards,

Denitsa

Hello Luis Vieira,

There's a newer version of the Marketpress plugin, will you please update to that?

This is how I see your Products page and no matter how many times I refresh that it stays the same:

I noticed some 404 errors in the JS console which are likely causing the issue:

This means that those images can't be found on your server. Try opening the first one for example.
    I went ahead to see what's happening in your Media Library with those images and that's what I get

It appears those images are actually broken and you might need to re-upload them, when you login to your server via FTP do those files exist?

As for your feature suggestions, they both seem like great additions to the plugin's functionality
    We can move the thread to the Features&Feedback section and the more +1’s from other users this feature request gets, the more likely it would be considered for development, or, you can post a new thread regarding those in the above mentioned section if you want.

Take care and have a great one!

Cheers,
    Denitsa

Luis Vieira

Hello Denitsa,

Thanks for your help in last email. We'll update the plugin and try to figure out why the images are broken.

We will also post in features & feedback our suggestions.

Today i'm writing you about new issues.

How can we create a specific filter with just some specific categories? For example, I have two main product categories: books and notebooks. Each one has his own page and some sub-categories, for example, colours. How can I create a filter in each page that allows me to select just the colours (sub-category) of the main category: books or notebooks.

In other words, we need to accumulate two categories: notebooks + blue, for example.

Is there any way to do that?

Hope you can help me.

Thank you.

Regards

Adam Czajczyk

Hello Luis!

I assume that by "filter" you mean the "drop-down category list", right? You can achieve that by excluding categories from shortcode.

When you're adding a shortcode using "Add E-Dommerce Short Code" editor button and select the [mp_dropdown_categories] action you'll get an "exclude" and "exclude_tree" options in the form. In these options you can exclude any categories except these that you wish to show.

The "exclude" option excludes only selected category/categories but will still show its parents/children if any, the "exclude_tree" will exclude selected category along with all its children.

Best regards,
    Adam

Adam Czajczyk

Hello Luis!

Today I have another different question. Is it possible to import a list of products by a .csv file or something like that?

There's currently no import/export option of that kind and it would have to be custom developed. I know that it's already on "to do" list so might be implemented in future though I'm not able to give you any ETA.

Another doubt: can we edit or customize the client account fields in the moment of checkout?
    For example, i need to add a new specific field (not required) to the client profile.

Currently, you can only enable "Special instruction" field (it's a single text field) and other kind of fields would have to be custom developed. But if you want to add additional fields to user profile only, not to checkout, you could simply use BuddyPress and its profile fields.

Best regards,
    Adam

Nastia

Hello Luis Vieira

I trust you're doing well today!

1. Is there any possibility to visitors to add products to a wishlist or something like that?

I am afraid there is no such feature added to the MarketPress plugin. You can install the MP Mojo plugin , which has a Wishlist feature. The MP Mojo is fully integrated with MarketPress, though this plugin is developed by one of our members and we do not support it.

2. When a product is out of stock, is there any possibility of that indication appearing on the product page?

Yes, it does show the "Out of Stock" message if there are no products left. Please see the attached screenshot.

Hope this will help!

Cheers,
    Nastia