Downline ability to post selection disappears after Supporter 2.2.8 Upgrade

Greetings :slight_smile:

I triple checked this and when I do the upgrade from 2.2.7 to 2.2.8 the posting ability in the down line sites disappear.

Under Post the next label is posts which lists all the current post and lets you add a new post. Well with the 2.2.8 upgrade that option completely disappears and people can no longer post.

Then I restored the copy of 2.2.7 that kept :slight_smile: and boom they were back. I then tried 2.2.8 again and they disappeared again.

Now I have 2.2.7 back and everything appears normal concerning this topic.

I think you folks should check this out :slight_smile:

Joe :slight_smile:

• aecnu

OK Aaron :slight_smile:

Thank you so much for that info and saving a lot of grief trying to figure it out.

I did some testing and it works as you indicated.

I did the upgrade and left out upgrading this particular file - supporter-write.php - the ability for the downline to make posts remained as well as pages.

If I understand correctly - if a network admin includes this file then free accounts cannot post nor make pages. I did not notice an option in the supporter admin to change this where free accounts/non supporter accounts can make posts and pages - which in turn if they cannot then it makes the point of advertising on non-supporter posts and pages mute.

Please let me know if my concepts on the above supporter plugin are wrong or I am missing the boat somewhere along the way ..... lol

Joe :slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.