Download a plugin - no dashboard

Hey guys,

I'd love to install Status but I'm not really happy with having your dashboard installed on my site.
Can I simply download it and install it myself?

Thanks

Alberto

Adam Czajczyk

Hello Alberto,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

During the trial subscription you may install plugins only via the WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin. Take a look here please:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/how-free-trials-work/

The download option would become available for you if you switch to a full subscription. There's however nothing to worry about WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin. It was design to give you a simple and convenient access to all our plugins and themes and to let us access your site securely in case you needed support. Please note though that we cannot do this unless you specifically let us in!

There's also no requirement to keep it enabled all the time if you are going to use this plugin only. Some of our plugins, such as e.g. Hummingbird, WP Smush Pro, Defender, require WPMU DEV Dashboard to be active but that because these plugins make use of our servers via an API that's available to WPMU DEV members only.

The bottom line is, you can enable the WPMU DEV Dashboard, install Status plugin and disable the WPMU DEV Dashboard back if you wish.

Best regards,
    Adam