Download and delete .bak files

Hi,

please can you tell me which files are accepted by WP Smush Pro?

.jpg .jpeg .png .gif
or another one?

Because of my webhosting provider and his restriction I have to download all my .bak.jpg etc. files and than delete them from webhosting.

It will be great if you can add new feature which can:
- bulk export all .bak.jpg etc. files which exist in uploads folder (including folder struction - for example 20173\image.bak.jpg)
- bulk remove all .bak.jpg etc. files in uploads folder
- bulk import .bak.jpg etc. files to upload folder
- in edit screen of every image (and in other places where you can edit images) have button "export .bak files" and "remove .bak files" and "import .bak files" which makes the same but only for that one image

Now I am using Filezilla for downloading and deleting .bak files but it is not handy.

Don't you know other-better way for backup files before smushing (original and all thumbnails) to my computer?

Because like my webhoster say "Webhosting is not storage for backup files". I think lots of users run into it nowadays when unsmushed website photos are larger and larger because of retina etc. And your "backup original" setting in WP Smush Pro is awesome

Thanks a lot.

• Predrag Dubajic

Hey Jiri,

Hope you're doing well today

please can you tell me which files are accepted by WP Smush Pro?

.jpg .jpeg .png .gif
    or another one?

These are exact extensions supported by Smush at this time

Thanks for the suggestions for handling backup files, I believe our devs are looking for some improvements in that part so I will forward them this thread and they can consider adding such options in future.

For now I'm afraid that you can only download them by accessing the files directly via FTP or cPanel.

Don't you know other-better way for backup files before smushing (original and all thumbnails) to my computer?

Well, first, there's no need to backup thumbnails on your PC because once you upload the full image your thumbnails will be re-generated.
    As for other backup method... you can always store the original images on your PC, when you upload them again you will get your unsmushed images again.

Best regards,
    Predrag