downloaded hummingbird plugin and smart crawl plugin and my wp admin went blank

Hello. I just signed up to membership today, downloaded wpsmush pro, humming bird and smart crawl and all my wp admin portal went blank. I first saw "pair" on the screen, then everything i clicked gave me a blank screen. please help needed urgently.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Jane,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

That most likely means a conflict with other plugin(s) or insufficient memory limit of yoru WP install.

I assume that you are not able now to access the /wp-admin area, is that correct? In order to get back to it and also diagnose (or hopefully fix) the issue please follow these steps:

1. access your site via FTP (or cPanel's "File Manager" tool)
    2. go to "/wp-content" folder of your WP install
    3. rename "plugins" folder to "plugins.hold"
    4. try accessing your /wp-admin; it should work now
    5. in your wp-admin area go to "Plugins -> All plugins" and you should see a message that all plugins had been deactivated;

If above works, proceed with following steps:

6. add this line to the "wp-config.php" file of your site

define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M');

This line should be placed above the "/* That's all, stop editing... */" line and it will rise WP memory limit, hopefully that will solve the "blank screen" issue after enabling plugins again.

7. access the site using FTP or cPanel "File Manager" tool again
    8. go to "wp-content' folder
    9. rename "plugins.hold" back to "plugins"

10. access the wp-admin area again (it should be still working)
    11. enable all the necessary plugins back one by one

I think you should now be able to enable all the plugins without site going "blank" but if it went blank during the process, the most recent plugin enabled would be potential source of conflict so let me know about it and I'll investigate it further.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk

Hi Jane!

Thank you for your replay.

That will require a bit more of an investigation. I would like to access your site directly for this so please:

send in:

Subject: "Attn: Adam Czajczyk"

- Mark to my attention, the subject line should contain only: ATTN: Adam Czajczyk
    - Do not include anything else in the subject line, doing so may delay our response due to how email filtering works.
    - Link back to this thread
    - login URL and admin account login credentials data
    - Include FTP log-in details (hostname, username & password)
    - Include hosting control panel access details (login address, username & password) - cPanel's usually the control panel used for this, but your provider may use something else; I'll need this for accessing your site's database, preferably via phpMyAdmin
    - Include any relevant URLs for your site

Please use our contact form here https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.