Downloading starter theme

I was interested in downloading this starter theme as well as the parent theme, but the only option I see is the option to install it - I have not bought the domain for the website I plan to use it on yet, is there a way to download it so I can install it when I do buy it?

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Erica,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

You can only install our plugins and themes using our WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin (which is an only one downloadable with no restrictions whatsoever) during the Trial subscription. Please take a look here:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/how-free-trials-work/

Once you switch to a full membership you'll be able to install themes and plugins via the WPMU DEV Dashboard and also download them from our sites.

That being said, you do not need to buy a domain name to be able to setup the site and test the plugins. Most of hosting providers offer free hosting trials as well and also often host either includes a free domain name (that is for a paid hosting, not during trial). Usually, when you signup for hosting account but don't have a domain you'll be automatically assigned a sub-domain of the host which may not be "pretty" but would be fully sufficient for setting up a site and installing our plugins and themes.

In future you may always add your own domain without even re-installing/re-building the site.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Erica!

Transferring Upfront themes is not that simple as transferring regular WP themes because its very different from it. It is however possible and if necessary we'll give you tips on this.

However, the simplest way instead of transferring anything would be simply to point your new domain to your existing site and change WordPress settings to use that domain. This way you wouldn't need to move anything and you site would work pretty much "out of the box" with your new domain.

Best regards,
    Adam