downloading the dashboard

I need to download the dashboard and add my website.

Is there a straight forward way for someone to do this with a non-technical background?

I clicked download plugin and then its says you need to add a website. I do that an a load of files are downloaded.

I just want to add a user to my account who can do everything except for see my card details.

• Mike Wiesman
      • WP Jockey

You shouldn't have to create a new folder, @sharline. What you need to do is to re-zip the file that downloaded. Check your downloads folder for something that's called "391292_wpmu-dev-dashboard-4.0.9". After you have located it, right-click on it. In the pop-up menu there should be something that says, "create new ARCHIVE" or "compress files". (I'm not sure exactly what it says as I am an entirely Apple Office.)

On the contrary, you could also disable the auto-uncompress for downloaded files in your browser's settings. Then the files will still be zipped and you will be able to directly upload that zipped file.

• Sharline
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

You have both been really helpful.
    The pop up menu options are not showing on my HP laptop.

I don't know how to make the changes you suggest on the web browser settings.

To be honest it looks like I'll just have to share my username and password even though I would rather keep it confidential.

The developer asked me to purchase the events + pro and I hoped I could just select it and pay for it through your website but I guess it's not that easy.

Thanks again
    Shar

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

HI Sharline,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

Could you please check this out, and see whether you have followed the instructions to install the WPMU DEV dashboard plugin: https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/adding-a-website-to-the-dashboard#post-1089280

The developer asked me to purchase the events + pro and I hoped I could just select it and pay for it through your website but I guess it's not that easy.

I'm afraid, a trial account doesn't come with that option. With a full membership, you can download the plugin directly from our website.

I do see that Mike Wiesmans good intention, and appreciate his offer to help. But please do note that he's one of the members, and not a support staff.

If you are still unable to install the WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin, could you please send us your credentials so that we can have a closer look?

You can send credentials by using our secure contact form: http://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Select “I have a different question” for your topic.

- To Mark to my attention, the subject line should contain only: ATTN: Nithin Ramdas
    -WordPress admin username
    -WordPress admin password
    -login url
    -FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    -link back to this thread for reference
    -any other relevant urls

Have a nice weekend.

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• Ash
      • WordPress Hacker

Hi Mike

Sorry for the confusion from Nithin's reply. That is just a formal notification to the original poster, that we staffs have to do. It happened before, original poster sent login information to another member and later the site got hacked or something bad happened and at last the original poster blamed us. So, as a pre-caution we normally mention that, nothing else :slight_smile:

I know (I saw in other threads as well) you always help people and we really appreciate that. Keep up the good work, sending some points in your way :slight_smile:

Have a good day!

Cheers
      Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.