downloading wpmu dev dashboard 4.3 zip

Hi I'm trying to get the free trial for Smush-pro but cannot open the downloaded wpmu dev dashboard 4.3 zip file to add my web site

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Anne,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

There's no need to "open" that downloaded .zip file. Instead please login to your site as an admin and go to the "Plugins -> Add new" page, then click "Upload" and then "Browse" button and point it to that zip file.

Next, click "Install" and then "Activate" please and that should install the plugin. You'll then be prompted to login to your WPMU DEV account and should be able to install any of our plugins/themes.

For more detailed guide on how to install WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin, please see this guide (it includes a video demonstrating installation process):

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/wpmu-dev-dashboard/#product-usage

If you have any additional questions, let me know please.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Anne!

The message means that either the plugin is already installed or that the previous installation attempt didn't succeed but left some "leftover data". Please follow these steps:

1. Go to the "Plugins -> All plugins" page and see if there's "WPMU DEV Dashboard" plugin on the list. If it's there, it's probably already installed properly so just try to enable it and login and if that goes fine, there'd be no need to do anything more.

2. If above doesn't work:

- login to your cPanel
    - enter "File Manager" tool
    - go to the "/wp-content/plugins/" folder
    - delete the "wpmudev-updates" folder form there

3. Repeat install procedure as suggested in my previous post.

That should solve the case but if you still weren't able to install the plugin, let me know please.

Kind regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.