Downloads and media files protection

Hello guys... I'm configuring the plugin, and I really would like to mask the url to protect media and downloads, but when I change the url for example from http://www.mydomain.com to http://www.mydomain.com/downloads to mask wp-contents and that stuff, every image show broken in my website. Why? Do I need to create another path or something?

P.S: I think that I obviusly can't put the images into the masked path :S. Please explain me better this.
Thankyou in advance.

• Kimberly
    • Champion of Loops

Kenetork,

Hi and Welcome to WPMU forums!

Which version of Membership are you using?

In the latest version you can set a negative or positive rule with a drag and drop for media! I'm attaching a screenshot.

If this doesn't work for you let me know!

Best,

Kimberly

• Kenetork
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hi, thankyou for the response, yes, i'm using the latest, but I'm trying to use the section of masking url for downloads. And is not working :slight_frown:
    I mean, I want to allow showing images but not to know where is the url where they are, atht's the thing. If an image or vide are located into wp-contet/uploads, I want to call that path with a masked url to avoid stealing or something.

When I change that images show broken :slight_frown:

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey Kenetork.

The masked url is designed to prevent or give access to that media based upon their Access Level.

If they are not given access then the content will not show to them. If they have the right access they should see the content with a masked url.

I mean, I want to allow showing images but not to know where is the url where they are, atht's the thing. If an image or vide are located into wp-contet/uploads, I want to call that path with a masked url to avoid stealing or something.

Where you logged in as the admin? Membership admin?

Please try with a normal account, and one you give a subscription to.

Admin can see those links.

The downloads access which Kimberly referred to also controls access to other items in the Media Library including images.

Take care.

• Kenetork
    • The Incredible Code Injector

So, I'll create a list of absolute urls protected just for different membership, and that section kimberly mentioned do the same work too right? I just wanted to show images for everyone admin or users, but if the tried to download those images or see the located urls the saw a different url than real. Just that.

Thankyou in advance!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.