Downloads and Product Variations

My client wants to be able to have an item downloadable, but it also needs variations. For example, Item A has a standard license and a commercial license. She wants to give the option for download, but doesn't want to create duplicate products.

How should she go about doing this?

Thanks,
Kim

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

hi @kimtown

Thanks for the post.

Could I ask if these are 2 seperate download packages? I don't think it can be done at moment, with 2 seperate downloads. you would need to create 2 products. 1 for the standard license & 1 for the commercial license.

if it's the same file they are downloading in either case, you can just enter the name of the variations when you add the product. But I have a feeling, you are requiring 2 seperate download files.

sorry, I can't be of more help.

thanks

• aristath
    • Recruit

Hello there @kimtown, I hope you're well today!

My client wants to be able to have an item downloadable, but it also needs variations. For example, Item A has a standard license and a commercial license. She wants to give the option for download, but doesn't want to create duplicate products.

I'm afraid that I don't have an easy solution for this...
    I am not aware of a solution that would allow you to do this. You would have to write a custom plugin to add that option...
    I would suggest that you add a new job at the WPMU-Jobs board so that a skilled developer familiar with MarketPress can create a custom plugin for that use case.

Cheers,
    Ari.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.