downloads URL masking applied, but no access to files

Hi All,

I’m having a really hard time setting up the ‘membership’ plugin. I’ve devoted over ten hours to it today, and nothing seems to work as expected. I have to admit, I’m getting pretty tired. I really wish this were better documented! Is the simplistic little ‘installation & use instructions’ really the only documentation?

I have several questions but will break them into separate forum posts for clarity.

First question:

(1) set Membership > Options > Download URL to the current location of the uploads folder on my server (e.g. example.com/wp-content/uploads).

(2) set Membership > Options > Masked Download URL (e.g. example.com/files).

(3) add a Membership > Options > Protected Group called ‘protected_download’.

I am assuming the above is the correct setup, but it is yielding unexpected results:

(4) I head to my site, and URL’s are properly masked (i.e. ‘example.com/wp-content/uploads/image.jpg’ is rendered as ‘example.com/files/image.jpg’:wink:–which is good!–but the image doesn’t appear, because the link is apparently broken. Images show up as little question marks, and if I click a link to a file download (example.com/files/myDownload.zip), I am redirected to the home page of the site.

#4 above happens exactly the same no matter if I’m logged in as Admin, a stranger, or a test user with a membership level that grants access to ‘protect_download’.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated! Now, if you’ll excuse me, I need to go drive my car off a bridge now.

Adam