draft version of posts not showing up

Hi,

The draft version of posts are not showing up for users on my site who are assigned Editor level access when the Membership plugin in activated. If I deactivate the Membership plugin, the drafts show up.

Thank you,
Rick

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi Rick,

Sorry to hear of the problem you are having.

Are you talking about Editor user role or Membership access level?

If you are talking about Membership access level then could you please share me the screenshot of your Editor level access settings or would you mind if I logged in to your site and did some testing? This might help get to the bottom of this faster. If this is ok, just grant me temporary admin access to your site by clicking "Grant Access" button in the WPMU DEV Dashboard Settings as described on the following page and reply on this thread after granting it?

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Kind Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• Rick Kulkarni
    • Flash Drive

Hello Vinod,

Thank you for the quick response. I have granted you admin access as requested. The problem is for the Editor user role. You can log into our site as an editor level user (e.g., Jay Kulkarni and feel free to change the password if you need to in order to log in... I will change it back later) and when you do, if you go to All Posts -> Drafts, there is one post I have saved under the username jay.kulkarni. Instead of seeing the post when you click on "Draft (1)", you see the message "No posts found." If you deactivate Membership, the post will show up.

Thank you,
    Rick

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there Rick,

Hope you're well today and thanks for your question! :slight_smile:

I've just done some testing on this on both your site and my site (I didn't need to change that password). :slight_smile:

After testing, I believe issue is related to positive rules, unless a member is specifically granted access, the access is restricted. On my install this worked.

Move all posts and pages rules to the access level the editor has. Do the same with categories and grant them access to all. Then do the same with the administration menus and grant them access to posts.

On mine after this draft posts then worked as expected. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards
    Jack.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.