Drag and Drop is not working for Upfront

I have tried two themes, Spirit and Luke and Sara, as starter themes for website redevelopment. I have tried adding regions and using drag and drop to add widgets, text, images, etc. and have found that I can add regions, but I cannot drag and drop anything. Rather it will add element in left region only (does not drag all the way across) and will highlight the entire site, which cannot be undone, causing me to reload the entire page and start over.

Any ideas on what is causing this and how to fix it?

• Milan
    • WordPress Wizard

Hello @info3305,

I hope you are well today and thanks for asking us. :slight_smile:

I am not able to replicate this issue on my sandbox site and for your confirmation I've attached screenshot explaining how upfront is behaving on my end.. You can see in screenshot that I am able to add any element in left region created by me.

So having this said, on your end something else is playing hide and seek with upfront. So to find out culprit please you take down quite plugin conflict test as described in our support manual here.
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/

If you don't get any satisfactory conclusion with plugin conflict test, I'll need access to your site to dig down deep for your issue. So please refer to this manual and grant me support staff access. :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    Milan

• Robert
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Milan,

I clicked on the links you provided above and they returned 404 errors. Do you have any updated links for the information you suggest?

Also, I have no problem creating new regions. My problem is that I cannot drag and drop in anything, such as widgets for a sidebar, into the new region, so I am unable to design the site the way I would like. The issue is on every computer I have access to, regardless of OS and browser. I have Bluehost as a host server if that may assist.

Have a wonderful day!

Robert

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Robert!

It seems that although links provided by Milan are proper, they just got posted with an error by accident. I've already edited and fixed Milan's post and just in case I'm posting working links again below.

A guide on running theme/plugin conflict test (see flowchart inside article):

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/

A guide on enabling support access:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

That said, please run a theme/plugin conflict test and let us know about its result. If it doesn't change a thing, please grant a support access so we could take a closer look.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Robert
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Predrag,

The plugin that was causing the problems was NextGen Gallery Pro. The NextGen Gallery plugin works fine, but for whatever reason a conflict occurs when you add the features of the Pro version. I am not sure if there is a fix to that, but essentially it blocked the drag and drop feature of Upfront, though it did not seem to effect anything else.

Maybe you can add some code to disable a plugin like that when opening the Upfront editor?

Have a wonderful day and thank you all again for your assistance.

Robert

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Robert!

Thanks for letting us know about it. I'll further test this and forward to developers and hopefully they'll be able to find a solution. I'm not able to give you any ETA on this (though I assume it may take a bit of time) so it would be best if you could just keep Upfront updated "on the fly" as further versions are released.

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.